Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: 10 10 In position with Over card

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bad fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you I think I should have called too. However there was a recent discussion on this board regarding AQ vs JJ where 99% of the people on this board said JJ would never call a bet on the turn or river (unless a J hit) if an over card hit the flop and the opponent called the continuation bet on the flop. This struck me as odd, but I am still learning.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference in that hand is that the preflop reraise and the river value bet from the overcards were assumed to be substantial.

If you'd made it 175 preflop, he called, then you bet 300 on the flop, he called, you checked turn, and he bet 600 on the river, you still like your TT now?

Calling a preflop min-reraise is routine. Calling a 1/5 pot river bet when there's only one overcard out is also routine. That's why everyone is treating this hand like it's not such a big deal.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously man, is this a gimmick account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Its really me, and I am one strange MF'er, trust me. Is that your real picture Jim?
Old 11-19-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bad fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you I think I should have called too. However there was a recent discussion on this board regarding AQ vs JJ where 99% of the people on this board said JJ would never call a bet on the turn or river (unless a J hit) if an over card hit the flop and the opponent called the continuation bet on the flop. This struck me as odd, but I am still learning.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference in that hand is that the preflop reraise and the river value bet from the overcards were assumed to be substantial.

If you'd made it 175 preflop, he called, then you bet 300 on the flop, he called, you checked turn, and he bet 600 on the river, you still like your TT now?

Calling a preflop min-reraise is routine. Calling a 1/5 pot river bet when there's only one overcard out is also routine. That's why everyone is treating this hand like it's not such a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, I would hate it, but their would be a decision, after all he checked the turn. Is he the type of player to slow play a big hand? You checked behind on the turn, there is some chance he is bluffing and behind. Against a solid player I would lay it down, against a loose maniac type I would have to consider a call.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm new here, can someone please elaborate?
Old 11-20-2005, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bad fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, I would hate it, but their would be a decision, after all he checked the turn. Is he the type of player to slow play a big hand? You checked behind on the turn, there is some chance he is bluffing and behind. Against a solid player I would lay it down, against a loose maniac type I would have to consider a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason's example is about solid players. This opponent, who bets 1/5 pot on the river, is almost certainly not a solid player.