Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm absolutely terrified to post here now

[/ QUOTE ]

People who are taking this view are overreacting.

First, I haven't banned any WPT forum poster. I have suspended several for posting insults directed at either other posters or TV players. They're all be back after a few days off.

If you don't put up posts insulting other posters or players, you're not going to be suspended. I don't see why anybody would get huffy when following that rule is essential to maintaining an enjoyalble, non-hostile forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are doing a great job, btw. While, I think this is an unfortunate, albeit isolated incident this place was a complete cesspool before the T&C started to be enforced.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't put up posts insulting other posters or players, you're not going to be suspended.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is false.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't put up posts insulting other posters or players, you're not going to be suspended.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is false.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that this may be true with Dynasty, but not with other mods in other forums.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't put up posts insulting other posters or players, you're not going to be suspended. I don't see why anybody would get huffy when following that rule is essential to maintaining an enjoyalble, non-hostile forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have a question about where one draws the line between a critique "what a donkey play play that was - man that guy is a fish" and an insult? why is having an avatar with a donkey cartoon imposed over a torso shot worse than making fun of Dan Druff swinging a jacket? Both seem harmless.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is false.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that this may be true with Dynasty, but not with other mods in other forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, false ... unless you agree that this post constitutes an insult worthy of a suspension.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul:

You have now been permanently banned from this site.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst possible play. Do you see why?
Old 11-09-2005, 05:01 PM

When an intelligent poster like PP gets banned permanently, meanwhile people like [censored] are given more and more power, it suggests that something is seriously wrong in this website's priorities.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm absolutely terrified to post here now

[/ QUOTE ]

People who are taking this view are overreacting.

First, I haven't banned any WPT forum poster. I have suspended several for posting insults directed at either other posters or TV players. They're all be back after a few days off.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what exactly is off limits now? Can i say i want to punch Joe Stillman in the skull? Varkoni sucks? This is like telling a football forum not to complain, bitch about certain players etc. It's ridiculous. Poker on Tv lends itself to these kind of "discussions". They may be inane, fruitless, but to not allow people to express their opinions about "celebrity" players, your harming the future of this site. Who wants to be part of a discussion board where everyone has to self censor themselves? Skip the formalities and start the circle jerk. If this is the new policy,or stricter enforcement of an existing one, there needs to be a clearer explanation of what is deemed offensive.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul:

You have now been permanently banned from this site.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

This is lame. There are so many people on 2+2 that are constently being dicks to others. They never get warned about being banned. This site is getting worse all the time.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:09 PM

I think we now have to phrase things this way... "dang, that slighlty calorie challenged guy in town for a bowling tourney sure played those ducks kinda like he never read a proper book. What a silly, irrational play that was..........."
Closed Thread