Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 02:22 PM

Default New Player

I have just started playing 1 table no limit holdem, and I was wondering, which poker site is best for beginers? or where the competitions are not too great? any suggestions?
Old 01-23-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: New Player

It is hard to give you a definate answer as there really isn't one. Which site is best for you will depend on a number of factors.

1. What limit do you intend to play?
2. Are you looking for best possible return per hour, per game?
3. Are you looking for certain chip and blind structures? (e.g. rapidly rising blinds with short chip stacks for quicker games or slower rising blinds with deeper stack?)
4. Are you looking to be able to clear bonuses while playing STTs?

All of these things will affect which site will suit you best.

As far as competition goes, you really shouldn't be too worried about that. At the lower level STTs the competition is pretty weak at all of the sites. Some sites are considered to be slighter stronger competition wise, but it is still weak at the lower levels.

Some sites start with STTs that cost less than $1, but most of the sites that I'm familiar with start with $5 STTs plus a $0.50 to $1.00 entry fee. I recommend avoiding sites that have a 20% fee when you are just starting out (e.g. Party/Empire and it other skins, but this 20% fee only applies to the lowest buyin of $5). If you plan to start at the $10+ tables, then the site fee for hosting the tournament shouldn't be over 10%.

Hope this helps some.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: New Player

Thanks sidekick! that defintly helped! I think I'll start playing probably $5 buy-ins, because I'll probably get dominated at the $10 STT and lose all my money or something....

anyways, thanks alot!