Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: \"The Dreaded Ace\"?

Hi Tapirboy,
Yes, I think I follow. This is the situation DS talks about in places where "Opponent A bets, B calls, and you should get out if you can't beat B, because B made the obvious read and thinks he has it beat already"

Wow, that was wordy. But I think what are essentially saying is, "if the action is heavy, get out".

But here's the thing. Maybe this is the LAG phenomenon some speak of. There are times when it's just been two folks in a pissing/raising contest and niether had anything! LOL!

Anyone else hate when they lay down a winner. LOL!

Anyway, I realize it's all about imperfect info, so chances are we'll never get to a 100% solution.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: \"The Dreaded Ace\"?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Tapirboy,
Yes, I think I follow. This is the situation DS talks about in places where "Opponent A bets, B calls, and you should get out if you can't beat B, because B made the obvious read and thinks he has it beat already"

Wow, that was wordy. But I think what are essentially saying is, "if the action is heavy, get out".

But here's the thing. Maybe this is the LAG phenomenon some speak of. There are times when it's just been two folks in a pissing/raising contest and niether had anything! LOL!

Anyone else hate when they lay down a winner. LOL!

Anyway, I realize it's all about imperfect info, so chances are we'll never get to a 100% solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

One loose-aggressive at a table isn't that hard to play against. Multiple loose-aggressives who just don't give a f whether or not they lose or win a bundle is suitcase-packing brush time or comatose-level tightness time. With the abundance of table opportunities online and Pokertracker, you shouldn't have a problem avoiding those tables, with time.