Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2003, 09:26 AM

Default Two questions, need your answer NOW

Please (politeness never hurts).

I'm leaving for the Bay area, and may have some time for poker Friday night and Saturday night. Where are the PL/NL games again? Preferably at least 5,5 blinds, and PLO better than PLH.

As a backup, which room spreads mixed games, like 50-100 HOE or the like?

Second, where are the archives for this? I know these games have been posted, like maybe 2-5 months ago. But, the 5 pages of posts in this forum only goes back to early Sept. of this year, and the "Older Archives" are so old they don't even include this forum at all. I'm sure I must have overlooked something really simple, but I don't see how to get at information that is a few months old.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 09-25-2003, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Two questions, need your answer NOW

Search feature and set your date. Can't help with the rest though. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:30 PM

Default I used to plat 5/5 plo8 @ \"the palace\" in hayward.

Old 09-25-2003, 01:04 PM

There's no PLHE here, but as for NLHE, Lucky Chances at Colma (South San Francisco) spreads a 10-10-20 ($1k minimum buy-in) game which starts on Fridays, 11am. It always goes all of Friday, and lately, it's been running till Saturday evening or so.

Palace, in Hayward, spreads a small NLHE 1-1-2 ($100 minimum buy-in) game both Friday and Saturday evenings which starts at 8pm.

If you're planning on playing at Lucky Chances, then PM me. I'd be happy to meet and play some cards with you.

(Sorry, I'm not familiar with the PLO games, although I think they run small games at the Palace on some weekdays. Palace is in a somewhat questionable area though and doesn't have the nicest facilities.)
Old 09-25-2003, 01:08 PM

My thanks to those who replied. I'll try to search now that the obvious has been pointed out to me. However, if you have more info, please feel free to post it here, as I'll check back one more time before I head out.

If you see a big guy with a single black arrow-head shaped fossil on his cards, that's probably me.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 09-25-2003, 04:47 PM

Default In case you\'re still checking, Greg...

[ QUOTE ]
There's no PLHE here, but as for NLHE, Lucky Chances at Colma (South San Francisco)

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky Chances website

[ QUOTE ]
Palace, in Hayward, spreads a small NLHE 1-1-2 ($100 minimum buy-in) game both Friday and Saturday evenings which starts at 8pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Palace website

While the Palace games start small, they often get quite big. It's not unusual to see multiple $2000+ stacks in the $100 buy-in game, but that usually doesn't happen 'til well past midnight. By 2am or so, it's often killed and double-killed, so it's $1-2-2-5-10, $20 to go. You can kill on the button in this game.

[ QUOTE ]
(Sorry, I'm not familiar with the PLO games, although I think they run small games at the Palace on some weekdays.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Palace has PLO/PLO8 (alternating rounds) on Wednesdays. It's small buy-in 5-5, but it plays very big. Lots of big, big stacks play this game. I believe this is the only cardroom PLO in the area and don't think there are any Fri/Sat games.