Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 06:07 PM

Default How is Belterra since it opened?

Just curious to learn from some of you Belterra regulars how the room has improved/worsened since it intially opened several months ago?

I haven't had a chance to get down there in several months - since just after it first opened. Was wondeing a few things and would love to get some feedback from you guys:

Tournaments:
Are they still only running the Thursday tourney? I heard from several people that it's pretty much a bad setup (blinds increase too fast, not enough chips, etc). One would think that they would try to add more tournaments to increase the traffic there...however, doesn't appear to be the case.

Game selection: Wondering if they are offering (or, if they are, how often) Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Stud Hi/Lo, Pineablle, RoShamBo (just kidding on the last two). Again, seems to me that if there's interest, they would spread the game.

Hope to hear from you guys soon...Steamboatin...especially you!
Old 10-15-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: How is Belterra since it opened?

I haven't been to Belterra in two or three months but I like playing there. Caesar's IN has started spreading $6-12 and man is it ever a good game. I raised under UTG with AKo and a dude in middle posistion called two cold with 37s and flopped a boat. A game just doesn't get any better than that.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:38 AM

The Thursday night tournaments are over for now. They were terrible--very fast structure--but they sure did fill the room up! Rumor has it that they will be starting up a new tournament that will run during the afternoons (either Tues or Weds). Not sure whether the structure will still suck or not.

No Omaha or Stud has been spread in a while. Usual menu is several 2-4 to 4-8 HE games, at least one 2/5 NL HE, and generally a 10/20 or 15/30 game, though this one seems to be dying off--we used to play 20/40 with a 1/2 kill, but now the 10/20 is breaking at midnight during the week. Overall, it's a nice room and well worth the trip.

Michael
Old 10-17-2005, 09:51 AM

Two weeks ago they had a 3/6 omaha hi/lo with full kill running. There's usually an interest list for it, but it's hit or miss whether they get enough people to open it.