Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Thanks for your support

i remember when i first joined the board you had tons of posts and one of my friends (the one who told me about 2+2) had mentioned you as one of the competent posters. then the wsop happened. congrats and kudos on fending off the robbers if it had been me a finger in a jacket would have gotten whatever i had on me.
jason
(an admitted puss)
Old 12-27-2004, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, Stuey's dad was Jewish, so he was half-Jewish. He grew up in East Village in Manhattan, I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter what the father is. Your Jewish if your mother is Jewish. If your mother isn't, then you have convert (which is discouraged--unlike other religions which actively recruit new members).
Old 12-27-2004, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To the many of you who posted here, sent me PMs, or emailed me with your support and your kind wishes for my health and safety, thank you very much. I appreciate it a lot, and it's nice to know I have so many good friends and supporters. Happy Holidays to you and your families, and best wishes for 2005.

To those who chose this recent incident to insult me, please hide in the mud where worms belong.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to insult you, but it was just a mugging dude. Get over it. There are people dying everyday of painful diseases, awful car accidents, tsunami's, etc.

I've been mugged before. I got over it--so can you. Too much bandwidth wasted on a non-issue...
Old 12-27-2004, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to insult you, but it was just a mugging dude. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he is over it, but felt the need to make a post to resond publicly to all the people who were sending him "kind wishes".

I'm sure much more bandwith is wasted in the Zoo and Politics Forum.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure much more bandwith is wasted in the Zoo and Politics Forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
At leat you didn't include oot in that statement.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:23 PM

We need pics.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:28 PM

Oh yeah, it was "just" a mugging, involving "only" a gun. Forgive me, but don't you think it's a traumatic experience to be held up at gunpoint, especially when you're both a quasi-celebrity and a millionaire? Wouldn't you be the least bit disturbed and/or shaken up if that happened to you as the WSOP champion (i.e. the sobering reality of being a target)? Oh, that's right. You've already been mugged before. You must be from some tough neighborhood or something. How dare I make an assumption or declaration like you did.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:15 PM

The issue isn't his "getting over it". It's his trying to thank people for their well wishes and what not and not respond to every note. It's not therapy, it's saving time. (I'd assume).
Old 12-28-2004, 03:43 PM

What I'm mostly commenting about is the chest beating he did. "I chased them", "if they f with me or my family yada yada", "I'm muscular", etc etc lol

Did Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris ever talk like that? Tough guys do what needs to be done, but don't yak about it.

I know, I know he was just thanking his azz kissing fans... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I'm mostly commenting about is the chest beating he did. "I chased them", "if they f with me or my family yada yada", "I'm muscular", etc etc lol

Did Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris ever talk like that? Tough guys do what needs to be done, but don't yak about it.

I know, I know he was just thanking his azz kissing fans... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the not so subtle message FossilMan was sending out. Imo, it had nothing to do with bragging but rather he was sending a message to discourage others that may be comtemplating similar actions. A little preventive maintenance, if you will.
Closed Thread