Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2004, 03:10 AM

Default This isn\'t in the playbook, but it should be

Button and MP2 both had VPIP over 35%, MP3 was an unknown.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (30.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 46.50 BB
Old 10-04-2004, 03:31 AM

Default Re: This isn\'t in the playbook, but it should be

No offense, but I think you lost about 4BB more than you should have here. After the turn action, I'm sure that your hand is beat in at least one spot, probably two, worst case scenario all three. You have plenty of odds to call for a 10, but after you whiff the river, I think calling 4 more is just hemorraging cash. If I had to give out specific hands, I would say that MP3 has AA, and button has something like K9. MP2 could very well have limped in with some garbage that included the case 6, but it would be pretty rare. However, I think you have no equity in calling any bets on the river.

By the way, I was watching that Vick commercial as I read your post. Best commercial ever.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:56 AM

He's going to tell you he won the hand for sure.

But yeah, this hand was a disaster.

-Michael
Old 10-04-2004, 04:07 AM

Check/fold the turn?
Old 10-04-2004, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would be the best course of action given the reads. The only way I'm putting any more money in the pot is if I have reads of very high aggression.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:48 AM

Actually, Button flipped 9s2h, MP2 flipped As9d and MP3 flipped KhKs. Why is check folding the turn the best course of action here? Why was this hand a disaster? You don't think a player plays a 9, or a weak player plays a flush draw like they did? MP3 checking the river sure doesn't look like a monster to me. Calling one bet from the button on the river is a bad play how? Do honestly fold to in this big of a pot once that 3 flush hits on the river?

Just curious since you call this hand a "disaster"
Old 10-04-2004, 11:10 AM

That turn call is horrible.

You have exactly 1 clean out. The ten of hearts and your getting under 8 to 1 to make the call. The ten of clubs of course makes a 3 flush on the board.

You have a pair of tens...that's it. If you had a set of tens your decisions would be different but this is not the case.

MP3 raised pre-flop and then capped the pre-flop. And then leads the turn when he hits the boat. What else can that person have? You have to put him on a pocket pair and it's bigger than yours.

Raising is the worst option. Who do you think is going to fold? The pot is huge. You can't be the best hand and you have NO draw.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:21 AM

Actually he has 2 clean outs. Both 10's will give him a full house.

*edit* When you say its a horrible turn call since he only has 1 clean out to the house, I am not exatly sure what you mean? At that point he already has a full house (dont even need a set) so the flush is out..
Old 10-04-2004, 11:23 AM

Thank you for the correction. I forgot the third 6 had fallen.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:28 AM

Hehe no problem. But as far as the hand goes; I think I would have gone into calling station at that point. The board is kinda perfect for 10's in the hole, but with the preflop action I would be very concerned about an overpair (which one guy had). Its probably not the best thing to do, but would have called it down.