Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 07:00 PM

Default Re: I will not be replying ...

gawd...I remember when that came up

and I honestly thought about it - but got boned cause I had lost my job and couldn't afford $500 -

that's like a bad beat in reverse....madra fukre

RB
Old 09-16-2004, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to posts like that by Ass-Monkeys such as Asufiji2004 where nothing useful is said, and where the poster is extremely insulting. I do not wish to provide any feedback, even negative, to such threads, because often that is just what such infants desire (i.e., attention). It is my hope that everytime somebody does this, they will be permanently excluded from our forums.

And unsurprisingly, such posts are (almost) always by people who remain 100% anonymous. As it probably should be. I almost don't want to know who this is, because I'd hate to wind up in jail for beating the crap out of him. Although every judge and juror would likely understand my desire to do so, they would still probably have to convict me.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg I couldn't agree more.

To all of the moderators out there: I think this forum is great, but it is very poorly looked after. If someone is insulting, delete his post and suspend him for a week, and then ban him on second offense. If posts are in the wrong forum, move them! I realize that it takes some work, but I'm sure a lot of the regulars here wouldn't mind becoming moderators(I know I'd do it for free).
Old 09-16-2004, 07:02 PM

yea but the butterfly effect would change everything
Old 09-16-2004, 07:04 PM

Anyone with half a brain can tell that the respect Raymer gets here at 2+2 has been earned by him not just by his play in the WSOP, but by his whole "career" in poker. His words and actions seem to this observer (who has never seen him play "live" or met him) to be reasoned and respectful. And whatever I learn of his play (through posts on 2+2 and from the admittedly limited TV coverage) shows him to be a terrific poker player. His responses to such controversial issues as the Arieh to Williams comment or the Matusow handshake also show grace and humor. And I admire his responses to the latest evil troll -- ignoring the ignorant is probably the best policy.

Some morons think that this respect is that of suckups or sycophants. I disagree. I have never met Raymer. I want nothing from him. I just admire him for his actions and his words. Some people just cannot understand that one can respect someone who deserves respect for no other reason than that. Too bad for them.

b.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many times are you going to mention you were at the WSOP? IT is like John F'n Kerry and Vietnam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't just at the WSOP. I cashed. 126th place. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to posts like that by Ass-Monkeys such as Asufiji2004 where nothing useful is said, and where the poster is extremely insulting. I do not wish to provide any feedback, even negative, to such threads, because often that is just what such infants desire (i.e., attention). It is my hope that everytime somebody does this, they will be permanently excluded from our forums.

And unsurprisingly, such posts are (almost) always by people who remain 100% anonymous. As it probably should be. I almost don't want to know who this is, because I'd hate to wind up in jail for beating the crap out of him. Although every judge and juror would likely understand my desire to do so, they would still probably have to convict me.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it, he said "Ass-Monkey's". You're the man Greg!
Old 09-16-2004, 07:13 PM

thank you for not lowering yourself to their level.

keep up the good posts.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:40 PM

Default well, i hope they dont sour everything for you...

im sure 99% of us(or those with brains as one might infer) really enjoy your posts and can take something away from them. since you will be called the best poker player in the world for the next year we would all love to hear your critiques and feedback on our specific questions. dont let one person sour your experience so much that the rest of us can no longer learn from your advice, it has been very helpful so far.

rj
Old 09-16-2004, 08:00 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

hahaha if I finished 126th in the WSOP my location would be "I finished 126th in the WSOP and you didn't, bitch" so I think bringing it up every now and again is to be expected
Old 09-16-2004, 08:07 PM

Fossilman - what are the restrictions on the size and use of a card guard - like your fossil? Thanks. DF