Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2003, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Theft by Pokerspot

Without a doubt some of the stolen money was never lost by the players, but won for free (not counting time) and then lost. However, there were certainly players who deposited their own money, won more or lost some playing poker, and then got nothing back when Pokerspot folded.

As for how much of the stolen money was deposited, and how much was won in freerolls, I have no idea.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 08-28-2003, 02:16 AM

Default well, since you asked...

A. I'm no mouthpiece for Dutch Boyd. Never met the man, and was probably as surprised and you that he wasn't some old-money fat cat.

2. Ignorant? Nah. But I wiil admit to actually just letting it go after it became apparent the $$$ was never coming, so mayve, in retrospect, my retrospection was a bit rosy. I actually, come to think of it, seem to remember talking to Dutch one time for about 45 minutes on the phone when I had called support to find out where my $$$ was, and remember him being very interested in my ideas, which made me feel more secure about keeping my $$$ in there. All in all, again, I don't belive Boyd "stole" that $$$; seems way too traceable, and I do remember him saying some problem with a clearinghouse. Maybe that's BS, maybe not, but that kind of thing DOES happen every day in corporate america. I respect your posts and opinions, FM, and was just as mad as you about the $$$, but I guess i've just made my peace with the whole thing.
Other than that, what did you think of my poker commentary in the same post/thread? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 09:30 AM

Default Re: well, since you asked...

I ignored the poker content, as I did not wish to contribute to a thread started by Dutch. I was reading it to see what people said about Pokerspot, and what response, if any, he gave.

If you start a new thread with your content, I will be glad to read it, and will comment if I think I have anything useful to say.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)