Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 07:23 PM

Default KQs

Besides the bad flop call, what do you think?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.20 BB
Old 10-15-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: KQs

You hit your straight(By making a fishy call) then capped the streets... and the flush completed.

Not much to be said mate, if you lost to a flush maybe not down(Unless he held K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) the villan plays flush draws HU aggressivly.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:39 PM

Your flop call was fine. You have a nut BDFD and a nut GS draw. You can definitely take a card off w/ implied odds.

I'm tempted to 3-bet the river because it really looks like the button is overplaying a flopped straight or a set. But I'd probably wuss out and bet/call.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your flop call was fine. You have a nut BDFD and a nut GS draw. You can definitely take a card off w/ implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

And a nut BDRFD!

The river looks fine to me. The only thing I can see him having here that beats you is Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and probably A8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is the only one that is really reasonable, unless he is known to play draws like a nut. Fire away.

I suppose KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is possible as well if he won't raise that PF.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:47 PM

Grunching...

Flop: Ok, we've got a gutshot (4 outs) plus a back-door flush (1.5 outs) so that's about 7:1 pot odds - so by implied odds standards I think it's not a bad call.

Turn: Lead out with a bet, I don't like the C/R. you've got the str8 so maximize it and show strength outright.

River: that 3rd heart is scary..I would have simply called his reraise.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:53 PM

I would bet the flop.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:06 PM

Flop call is fine, I think I'de bet out though (might win it right there). I'de bet out on the turn unless I'm sure he's betting in me again.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:09 PM

No way I'm not 3-betting this river on an unpaired board. I don't think you should be overly afraid of backdoor flushes against a player who put a lot of bets in on earlier streets.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way I'm not 3-betting this river on an unpaired board. I don't think you should be overly afraid of backdoor flushes against a player who put a lot of bets in on earlier streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Button bet the flop, with only one heart on the table, and 3bet the turn with only 2 hearts out. Chances of him having the flush are not good.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:45 PM

Preflop and flop are fine. You have the GSD+BDFD on the flop, so it's an easy call. I might go for a bet/3-bet on the turn here. You won't always get to cap like you did. On the river, I think you can just call the raise. You may get some value from a 3-bet, but a cap is bad for you. Because of that, I just call the raise.