Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Turn plan with top set, 600 PL

Reads: CO is a regular, very good player. 15/.6/5 after 150 hands. Button is 60/35/.75, but only after 20 hands.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

Button ($629.2)
SB ($114)
BB ($1283.85)
UTG ($1108.55)
UTG+1 ($73.85)
MP1 ($347)
Hero ($600)
MP3 ($593)
CO ($585)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $6, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>, MP3 calls $25, CO calls $25, Button calls $25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $19, MP1 calls $19.

Flop: ($153) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls $100, Button calls $100, BB folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($453) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero</font>...?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Turn plan with top set, 600 PL

this is a type of board where i would either come out blazing and bet 150-175, or CR.

i often try to play this type hand how i would if i had say, AA instead. i try to play it fast and appear scared.

so id bet say 160, if i get raised, dump it in.

or the CR is nice too, esp. with the agg. #'s on that solid player. he is just itching to bet. and the way too loose passive button would love to call.

i dont like the in between bet however, as it lets them in cheaper, and gets less money in the pot for your monster hand.

I may check this turn and see how the good player reacts, as the button prob. doesnt have too much.

if solid bets the pot and bad player calls, then you go with your feeling/read, and either CR all in, or call and see the river.

hope it worked out for you.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FSU&lt; It seems like you're talking about the flop here. If so, i like the logic behind a bigger bet of $160, although i rarely fold the nuts when i'm raised?

On the turn, the way it was played, i check. If either villian moves in, fold. If they bet less, it depends on your read but i like calling (a very small bet) or check raising all-in any mid size bet that will force you to commit your stack anyway...

Of course, this is all just my humble opinion
Old 04-05-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FSU&lt; It seems like you're talking about the flop here. If so, i like the logic behind a bigger bet of $160, although i rarely fold the nuts when i'm raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

dump it in = go all in
Old 04-05-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dump it in = go all in

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops...It's getting late....all i saw was "dump it"....My apologies
Old 04-05-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

dump it in = go all in

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops...It's getting late....all i saw was "dump it"....My apologies

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, i thought you were being cute on the first reply, which is why i didnt even respond. you are right, it is getting late.

ill try and post a response to your response in the morning.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:44 AM

Oh, I came out blazing. The 1/3 pot bet was something I didn't even consider, but it's the only bet that allows me to get away from the hand if raised.

I also like it a lot more than CRing all in. The way the flop played out made it look like CO flopped a big hand and then button came along for the ride with good odds for a draw. I wasn't as cautious as I should have been, but I'll post results after fsuplayer makes his post tomorrow morning.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:54 AM

i really like check calling but folding to an all in... many cases idiots will slow play their nut flush and check behind and you have a free draw to a board pair... these are the sam eidiots who will pay off your fh.

also they usually won't bet more than 2/3 pot or so from my experience so you can call with a set and draw to a board pair and scare them away if they don't have flush. if you check call a huge bet, they can't really bet the river without the flush so you might take it down...

yeah i like check calling a lot.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:28 AM

If I had check the betting would have gone bet-all in, and I would have folded.

However, for the sake of argument, let's say CO checks and button leads out with a 2/3 pot bet, or 300 dollars into the 450 pot.

At this point I have 475 behind. If I call this I am left with 175 behind. For the sake of argument again, let's say CO folds. There's 1050 in the pot. If the river comes a non-diamond, non-pairing card, are you saying I should fold for that extra 175? True, I get the showdown if he does not have a flush, or has some oddly played AdXo, but have I lost value by not pushing the turn?

Ok, the river comes a diamond. I check-fold, or check and hope for the showdown.

I'm just thinking out loud here, if you see something wrong, tell me.

Ok, what if CO then comes over the top with a push and button calls... there's around 1500 in the pot and 175 to call, I'm calling for odds here... even though I'm most likely getting it in with the worst of it.

What about betting out 1/3 like fsuplayer said? No naked Ad is raising, and I can safely fold a 4 flush board. The only thing I should be worried about is being pushed off the hand by a hand I dominate, ie 77. If CO wakes up on the turn and puts in a big raise, I should let go of this hand often I'm assuming, since he's so passive postflop. But against button should I bet trying to see a river, and possibly a showdown?

I'm not sold on anything right now. I know that my bet of 300, was absolutely abysmal.

Any more thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.