Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: How are you guys doing here?

I've been in the Czech Republic and Prague too but that was 10 years ago with school, good times. Out of Bangkok, Thailand is probably a little more primitive that most parts of Europe but it's getting better everywhere and that has a lot to do with tourism. About 8 million people or something every year!

The language is a problem, not many people speak English. It can be diffecult to get from A to B but that's part of the fun for me. You got the language problem in the Czech Republic too, but fortunately for me I also speak German and some people speak that there as well.

Anyway I had a great time and I went with my GF btw.

Looking forward to the silly questions I once asked [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Thanks,

Guido
Old 09-12-2005, 11:21 PM

Thanks Jason, emil, and Guido for the suggestions. I'm travelling alone and I believe I have 6 nights booked in a Prague hostel (not that I can't skip out on it) leaving myself 7 or 8 days to wander around the country. The guidebook I bought also has a section on Slovakia so I might head to Bratislava if I have the time. Brno would also be neat. That's where Milan Kundera grew up.

Do you guys think I should do fewer days in Prague and more in the other places? It sounds like maybe that's the case. As for that spa, maybe I can get a local girl or backpacker girl to go with me. I'll keep it in mind.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:30 PM

Hope you didnt catch anything from the cheap thai hookers.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:31 PM

yo man. just wanted to say hi.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:33 PM

if the moderator is not removing posts that say "how are you guys doing here?" then what is the point of having a moderator.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:41 PM

Dude, lighten up. This is a strategy forum, but it's also a little inbred community. Personally I think a mid/high vs. ow limit split would help avoid these problems, because I think the occasional low content post is fine and would not drown out the substantive posts if there were 2 forums. Not that anyone has mentioned the need for a forum split, or anything.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if the moderator is not removing posts that say "how are you guys doing here?" then what is the point of having a moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of my strategy is reading any posts by Guido. Knowing that these posts may return is better than stupid so called strategy 'oh i got raised on the turn with AK when 3 to the straight hit should i call down?' posts with absolutely no insight.

Edited because I thought it was the same guy whos posted in a few threads saying they should be deleted because they don't have enough content. But the above still stands.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:06 AM

You are wrong--rory makes lots of good posts. So does Guido. I have no problem with this thread because Guido has been an active member of HUSH as long as anyone and I care about what he is up to. I think veteran members should have special privileges. I don't care about the lives or downswings of people who have only been here a month.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke?
Old 09-13-2005, 12:13 AM

Rory has been here for a long time and like a lot of us is just getting sick of the lack of good threads and having to filter through so much [censored].