Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Default 2 sexies for pokerbob

Didnt have much for reads other than that the guys flop CC in hand 2 was very fast.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks,

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks,
Old 09-13-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: 2 sexies for pokerbob

The first one is awesome.

Edit: the second one is awesome too. I didn't even see that the board was flushed.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:11 PM

Personally, I don't like checking hand one much. I'm sure you had some kind of read on him, but without one, I'd say he's more likely to check behind w/ a weak pair or missed straight draw than bet and call w/ a worse hand.

Hand two, maybe, but not without a better read than 'flop cc was very fast'.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand two, maybe, but not without a better read than 'flop cc was very fast'.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, the turn raise was fast too?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:44 PM

I like 2. Don't like 1 so much because he didn't raise PF and his flop raise knocks out the whole field, so I think he has 7's/8's/a really weak Q that won't bet way too often.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like 2. Don't like 1 so much because he didn't raise PF and his flop raise knocks out the whole field, so I think he has 7's/8's/a really weak Q that won't bet way too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt like 2 either until I realized that even tho you 3 bet the turn, a flush still isnt going to check behind the river, but he isnt going to raise it cuz hes obviously scared of a bigger flush or cuz the board is paired, and he will always call a raise. And since you have all the 4s what else could he possibly have?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:56 PM

Whats the point of making this play?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the point of making this play?

[/ QUOTE ]

you get 2 bets on the river instead of one.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
until I realized that even tho you 3 bet the turn, a flush still isnt going to check behind the river, but he isnt going to raise it cuz hes obviously scared of a bigger flush or cuz the board is paired, and he will always call a raise. And since you have all the 4s what else could he possibly have?

[/ QUOTE ]

exacltly. and his super fast flop cold call combined with fast turn raise pretty much screamed that he flopped the flush.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Q9,QT,QJ,KQ were all pretty likely hands for a button cold caller. And I hoped that if he had something like A8 he would find the balls to bet that too, but thats probably wishful thinking. Hes not very likely to have A7/A8 anyways though since I have 2 of the aces.