Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Classis good overcalling situation?

CO is LAG who likes to bluff all the way or raise teh river with air. He is 52/25 after 60 hands. Other player is solid raiser I believe.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4.67 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (4.67 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero
Old 12-12-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Classis good overcalling situation?

I would c/r the flop to try and get rid of CO. Then you're up against a solid raiser who has probably not hit his flop so a Turn bet might win you the pot.

FWIW I would call the river
Old 12-13-2005, 12:04 AM

This is good advice.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:51 AM

Tough spot as I think BTN has AT. Not sure but I am thinking he would have bet/folded a weaker made hand on the turn and would have folded A hi on this river. It's possible that he chickened out and that now he feels compelled to call the bluffer with something like A8 or A7.

If you are not sure wether the button would bet/fold a weaker made hand on this turn, then calling the river is OK getting over 6.5-1.