Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Working on upping my agression....

alright. Working on increasing my aggression and trying to make opponents have hands in order to beat me. Relatively new to the table. Villain plays way too many hands but I haven't seen anything donktastic at least up until now.

Converter is down so i'm typing it up.

Party 25NL

Hero - $25
villain - $17.

Hero is CO with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain limps, Hero raises to $1.50
Villain calls $1.25.

Flop (~$3)J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain checks, Hero bets $3, Villain Calls $3

Turn (~$9) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, Hero bets $6, Villain calls $6

River (~$20)T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain checks, Hero Checks

Like it? Hate it? Standard? Who bets this river given the scary nature of the board?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Working on upping my agression....

Check behind on the turn
Old 12-12-2005, 10:57 AM

my standard default used to be to check behind on the turn as well....My thinking was that i'm doing this too much. If I don't fire another barrel at least some of the time it's pretty easy to pick off my continuation bets by just calling my flop bet and seeing what i do on the turn. I was hoping to fold out a 9 or J here with my bet by representing the king....given his stack size i'm not that afraid of a reraise as I'm calling given the various odds.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:22 AM

It looks fine. If you are going to fire a second barrel I like this hand to do it. Any club, 8 or Q puts you in a position to take down a nice sized pot. Checking down the river advertises your hand (you win if villain was on a draw) and it may get you later action from guys who are paying attention.

As long as this is something that you don't do every time, I think it is fine. At $200 and above you better be able to fire a second barrel or raise a turn with nothing but a draw. Might as well start practicing now when the right opportunity presents itself.