Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: sleeping problems anyone

[ QUOTE ]
Sleep apnea. I have asked my doctor about this. He didn't seem concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]
What questions did he ask you? What did you tell him?

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway to tell you suffer from this with out going to a sleep clinic?

[/ QUOTE ]
A sleep study provides an accurate and firm diagnosis. But you can look at different things and get a pretty good idea if you have sleep apnea without having a sleep study. Do you have morning headaches? Do you frequently wake up sweating? What is your height/weight? There is plenty of info on the web about this.

[ QUOTE ]
Do the nose strips help to stop apnea?

[/ QUOTE ]No, not unless the problem has to do with your nose.

I just had UPPP and tongue reduction surgeries for sleep apnea, yesterday. I posted about this a while back. I promised to provide updates regarding results. But as of right now it is too early to tell. But I can say for sure that even with all of the pain, my breathing feels more free throughout my throat/head.

Sorry if my response seems clouded, I am heavily under the influence of liquid Lortab.

-Rooster
Old 12-03-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sleep apnea. I have asked my doctor about this. He didn't seem concerned. Is there anyway to tell you suffer from this with out going to a sleep clinic? Do the nose strips help to stop apnea?

Keep the ideas coming.

Sparro

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried the nose strips but they didnt seem to stay on at night and they didnt open up the nasal passages like Nozovent or sinus cones did. I think that oxggen intake during sleep is overlooked. I am impressed by how much better sleep I now get with the extra oxygen.

I used to read poker and watch the Sklansky seminar video before bed but I would just stay up and think about poker and not sleep enough lol..but now reading sports autobiographies before bed work well for me
Old 12-03-2005, 01:39 AM

Has anyone tried smoking marijuana to help them goto sleep? I mean I don't really have any sleeping problems but I know this stuff makes me lazy and really tired, and easly goto sleep.
Just a suggestion, not saying smoke every night before bed.. but hey some people do and it works.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:54 PM

Rooster,

Please accept my symptathies as I pity anybody recovering from an invasive sleep apnea surgery. At least your pain is being managed ;-) I had the uvulaplasty (spelling?) with tonsillectomy and biopsy. The doctor told me I'd want [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]to kill her because she wouldn't be able to treat the post-op pain aggressively as it 'inferfere with the gauge relfex.' I got Motrin and a maximum of one tylenol 3 every 6 hours! This was later upped to 1-2 tablets after the nurses complained I looked too pain-ridden. Anyways, at least your pain is being properly managed as this, in the words of the doctor, 'is one of the most vulgar and painful surgeries known.' It feels like you have a severe case of strep for 2 weeks and then it just feels like strep throat for 2 weeks.

Here's the bad news: other doctors told me after the surgery that the surgery was generally ineffective! I think they generally stick with CPAP. However, I can't stand CPAP and refused it no matter what (I can't sleep with it on). Also, I don't know if the surgery really was warranted in my case as the last neurologist said it looked more like narcolepsy. I do need another sleep study as I couldn't sleep on my most recent 2 trials.

Good news: The only noise I make at night is my wheezing and occasional heavy breathing from asthma. I no longer SNORE! Not snoring was worth the misery and cost of the surgery.

I hope your recovery proceeds well and you obtain some measure of relief from your sleep disorder. Good luck!

JeffreyREBT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 07:22 PM

Sleep cd's that have a low freq. hum that gradually slow down got me in a routine and then I was fine. good luck.