Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Protest Empire-Everyone withdraw balances

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not bitching, and I agree with everyone who's saying we got what we had coming for using a bonus that wasn't ours, but it's not fair to say things like "$500 shouldn't matter that much."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I didn't mean it like that, but 500 that wasn't yours shouldn't make that big of a difference. Civil action lawsuit? Give me a break.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:30 AM

If your bank accidentally books $500 on your bank account, and then a few days later, recognizing their mistake, reverse the booking, how would you react? Would you start bitching about how you were robbed of your "free" $500?
You acting in bad faith when you claimed the bonus. Just be happy Empire is not shutting your account down.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:34 AM

This is not the same. We essentially requested $500, they agreed, and then they changed thier minds.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just be happy Empire is not shutting your account down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah we got off real lucky.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If your bank accidentally books $500 on your bank account, and then a few days later, recognizing their mistake, reverse the booking, how would you react? Would you start bitching about how you were robbed of your "free" $500?
You acting in bad faith when you claimed the bonus. Just be happy Empire is not shutting your account down.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a match bonus they were offering. It wasn't a mistaken error in our favor.

I get weekly 100% match bonus offers from other sites, and not once were any of them reneged on after being granted.

Match bonuses are offered somewhere someplace almost daily. What gives Empire the right to say theirs was a mistake? Actually, they aren't saying anything to anybody about it.

In a way, after working off 400 of my 500 bonus that was stolen, I realize now that Empire is not to be trusted with any amount of my money. I just pray I get my LAST withdrawal. I wouldn't trust these scammers with a penny of mine now.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:46 AM

We can't really sue them, I can see that. The bonus may well have not been meant for us, I can see that too. It may even be within their rights stated in the Ts and Cs nobody reads to just cancel the bonus despite e-mailing us and telling us we had a month of playing to get our $500.

But nobody is going to make me like it. So I'll e-mail them, for clarification, and barring getting my bonus back or a really good response, I'll never play there again.

I'm beginning to feel they've taken quite a hit here because logically, for a company that would seemingly make alot of money, the best idea with thir PR in mind is to just cancel the bonus code from now on and take the loss from the whores that jumped on this with quickness.

If every attempt to get the bonus reinstated fails, I guess we have to hope the word of mouth system that fuelled the mass whoring works in reverse - everybody learns how sloppy and elusive they've been over this.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:54 AM

Sorry, my bad. I didn't realize you were actually OFFERED the match bonus. I got the impression, that Empire accidentally enabled a signup bonus for all their customers, and you just took advantage of it.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:05 AM

I emailed them and withdrew my balance.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:16 AM

I am actually worried about my withdrawal also now...
Old 09-29-2004, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, my bad. I didn't realize you were actually OFFERED the match bonus. I got the impression, that Empire accidentally enabled a signup bonus for all their customers, and you just took advantage of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you been? We were offered this bonus.
Three diffrent times as I can tell.

1 - When making a deposit using the code and it being successful.

2 - When receiving an email regarding the details of the bonus that they just allowed to go through.

3 - Adding the description to the Bonus section of the cashier, and then by allowing me to sit down and feed their rake pig to clear the required hands.

So from MY perspective, this bonus was offered to me in three diffrent ways.