Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 08:22 PM

Default bizarre Foxwoods 20/40 hand

I've never played a hand quite like this before, so I thought I'd post it. The game was amazing with 3 weak limpers to my right (~90% VP$IP) and a bunch of other loose, not too good players. 6 and 7 way pots were the average. However, I pretty much haven't played a hand since I sat down. It's the kinda game where if you just made some hands, you'd be rich.

6 limpers to me in the CO. I have 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Of course, I folded. I mean, who would play this hand, right? Someway, somehow, though, 4 of my red chips ended up in the pot. Of course the button raised and the BB called. 8-way action (8 BB).

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]-3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]-2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me. I check, the button bets, EVERYONE calls, I call. 8 players, 12 BB.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked to me. I check. Button bets, 4 of the 6 players call, I call. 6 players, 18 BB.

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I bet.

I posted this hand because I think you could argue for a different play on almost every street. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please don't respond telling me to fold preflop.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: bizarre Foxwoods 20/40 hand

[ QUOTE ]
6 limpers to me in the CO

[/ QUOTE ]

I would limp with 64s in this situation every time. Once you make this initial play I believe it would be an error to fold on the flop or the turn (and betting out on the river is obviously correct).

-- Manzanita
Old 01-16-2005, 09:08 PM

seems standard. i think some of the players here would tell you to bet the turn hoping to get raised so that you can clear up some of your outs, but ive yet to incorporate that style into my game yet because i havent been able to utilitize it properly.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:09 PM

Fold preflop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (j/k sounds like with this table you can play this hand for a profit)

Flop I like. I might bet the turn, however. The button hasn't done anything any other button raiser wouldn't do by betting the flop. However, if he did raise AK or the like, he could easily check behind on the turn.

River bet is perfect, too good a chance it gets checked behind here and a zillion worse hands will call.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:09 PM

Seems pretty standard play in a game this loose. I would see a flop too, and after that it plays itself.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:24 PM

Well-played on every street. God, I miss Foxwoods.

TSP
Old 01-16-2005, 09:26 PM

I think betting the turn is terrible, since if you get raised, all the random aces will fold, which provide you with a large amount of implied odds if you river the 5
Old 01-16-2005, 09:41 PM

didnt at all think of that punker, very good point.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like with this table you can play this hand for a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I can or not, I just didn't want this hand to turn into a preflop debate, because I think there are some potentially interesting decisions to talk about here.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think betting the turn is terrible, since if you get raised, all the random aces will fold, which provide you with a large amount of implied odds if you river the 5

[/ QUOTE ]

but is it worth it if I can get a hand like QJ to fold?? Thoughts about the rest of the hand??