Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 12:30 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default TT in the CO

Nice 20/40 game live.

UTG fairly tight but passive guy limps, UTG+1 raises this of course means he has 2 cards and he has decided to play one of his 7 hands this round, folds to me in the CO and I 3 bet with red Tens. The SB and BB both call as does UTG and UTG+1. In this case the SB and BB are new to me though seem to be recent regulars to the room. As odd as it may seem this is good.

15SB to the flop.

As the flop comes out the SB checks, BB checks and UTG checks, all have calls at the ready, the wild man truelly looks disapointed, he's down 4 racks and has started to show his emotions. He checks. I finally look down at the flop.

K J 7 r

I check.

Turn 4

Our first 3 fellows check again, wild guy bets and I raise.

routine?
Old 12-14-2004, 12:07 AM

Default Re: TT in the CO

It's a helluva lot better than calling down. Hard to figure the checkers for a K, and a raise makes it tough for a J to call.

That may be the last bit of money you put in the pot, unless a 10 comes on the river.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:09 AM

slavic,

I think that it's a close call regarding your 3-bet preflop. If you thought that the raise would get the hand down to just the 3 of you then I like it; but if you had an inkling that one or more of the players yet to act would make a loose call here then I would probably just call UTG+1's raise.

On the flop I would bet given the size of the pot and your tenuous holding. Facing 4 opponents with 2 overcards on the board I wouldn't like it, but I can't see giving a free card if there is a chance that you could get someone with a Jack or a gutshot draw to fold. Even though opponents all have calls at the ready that could just be posturing.

Given the way that you played preflop and on the flop, I like your raise on the turn. Hopefully you dragged this pot.

-- Manzanita
Old 12-14-2004, 12:36 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

If you thought that the raise would get the hand down to just the 3 of you then I like it;

Manzanita -

I would not have been suprised to get this down to only me and UTG+1. Value bets to come on every round. 5 callers was a bit shocking.

Thanks,
slavic
Old 12-14-2004, 01:21 AM

i like the 3bet pf as i dont like coldcalling anymore unless there are several limpers and i want to get in with some suited stuff. id check this flop also with all the tells behind you, and i like the raise on the turn. unless hes a true maniac you have to fold to anymore pressure.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:58 AM

the preflop action is far from close. I would 3 bet this every time.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:59 AM

I definetly agree with 3 bet pf. You want to limit the field as much as possible...who knows you might get the UTG to fold sometimes. I would bet the flop here to really see where your at. If you get called you can shut down on 4th St. and pray for a ten. Maybe call the river if you know your oppenent will bluff with any two(works much better online).

If you get raised, unless you have reason to believe the raiser could raise with something like AQ or Q10 you have an easy fold (if the pot is offering you 22-1 you could call).

What i found interesting about this post is that you said [ QUOTE ]
the wild man truelly looks disapointed

[/ QUOTE ]
now for most people this is a sure sign of strength. When someone has a good hand they don't look happy. They try their best to look disappointed or angry. I'm curious to find out what actually happened, my guess is that you got called down by at least a J.

Usually when a total moron bets the turn their not going to lay down their hand to a raise and you can probably bet that they will call you. I would probably just fold to the "wild man" but it is a clear raise or fold situation so there is really nothing wrong with your play. I hope it worked!