Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Collusion or not??

Foxwoods $100 NL $1/$2 blinds. Not sure if this is collusion, or what...looking for some feedback. A guy and his girlfriend are sitting next to each other at my table. Every hand the guy raises on, his girlfriend who is next to act, calls. She would stay in the hand as long as he did, folding on the river to her boyfriend if it was just them two left. If she had made a hand and there was another player in the pot, she would call it down. If he folded, she would fold. Now this is bound to happen occassionally, but every hand that he played, she played. He had built up a stack of over $1100 in chips.
When he called a raise, so would she. Not just some of the time...every hand that he played they played together. They werent talking to each other during the hands or anything that seemed collusional, but it was noticed by most of the players at the table. Some of whom left due to this.
Now my impression is, if I make my hand, i can win bigger pots because im getting money from both of them. However, I also believe that less people are calling a raised pot with a caller in front of them unless they have a premium hand. It seemed to widdle down their competition in pots to usually the two of them and one other player.
How do you guys feel about this?? Would you like me to expand on anything?
Old 09-06-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Collusion or not??

[ QUOTE ]
Now my impression is, if I make my hand, i can win bigger pots because im getting money from both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

B-I-N-G-O!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
However, I also believe that less people are calling a raised pot with a caller in front of them unless they have a premium hand. It seemed to widdle down their competition in pots to usually the two of them and one other player.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. If he raises and she calls then everyone left to act is getting BETTER odds to call. (Think about it and let me know if this does not make sense.) Sounds like you were at a table full of rocks if this was happening on a consistent basis.

Can't see any collusion here. Seems more like GF is either learning the game or doesn't know how to play and is humoring him.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:06 PM

I think you need to post this in B&M cardrooms. If find your question interesting, but I honestly couldn't answer your question. I'm sure they can help you out over there.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She would stay in the hand as long as he did, folding on the river to her boyfriend if it was just them two left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... I don't know....

Yes, this is collusion. And an obvious case. She folds on the river so nobody sees her junk hand. I would have done everything I could to berate this jerk. Telling him he's not man enough to play without having a partner. Or as Matusow would say "Kiddie fkn pool's that way..."
Old 09-06-2005, 05:18 PM

Let me get this straight. Every time you raise, if he calls she calls, but she's gonna fold if he folds no matter what, essentially putting dead money in the pot for you to take. Seems +EV to play these guys all day.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:21 PM

He must be cheating on her, and she's getting back by giving away free money.

I would take as much of it while you can, and then help her get back at him in an intimate manner as well.

Seriously, this does nothing but help you. Think about it.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me get this straight. Every time you raise, if he calls she calls, but she's gonna fold if he folds no matter what, essentially putting dead money in the pot for you to take. Seems +EV to play these guys all day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me clarify...she will fold if she doesnt make a hand, which is most of the time since shes calling with anything, but call down with a made hand.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, I also believe that less people are calling a raised pot with a caller in front of them unless they have a premium hand. It seemed to widdle down their competition in pots to usually the two of them and one other player.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This makes no sense. If he raises and she calls then everyone left to act is getting BETTER odds to call. (Think about it and let me know if this does not make sense.) Sounds like you were at a table full of rocks if this was happening on a consistent basis.

Can't see any collusion here. Seems more like GF is either learning the game or doesn't know how to play and is humoring him.

[/ QUOTE ] OK, i understand about getting better odds to call. Maybe I should re-ask my main question, which basically is, this appeared to be two people playing as one, using 4 cards to your two, to make the best hand...however, doing it without talking or signaling each other in any way. That itself might have made more people fold that were left to act unless they had a premium hand. When does this become collusion if at all?
Old 09-07-2005, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...Maybe I should re-ask my main question, which basically is, this appeared to be two people playing as one, using 4 cards to your two, to make the best hand...however, doing it without talking or signaling each other in any way. That itself might have made more people fold that were left to act unless they had a premium hand. When does this become collusion if at all?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be more concerned if she kept raising/re-raising after her boyfriend. Did she ever have to show her hand on the river? You could play back the hand and see if she was calling with trash, just to increase their combined pot equity. If I saw that, I'd get up and find another table.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He must be cheating on her, and she's getting back by giving away free money.

I would take as much of it while you can, and then help her get back at him in an intimate manner as well.

Seriously, this does nothing but help you. Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my brains a little tired right now, but besides them raising each other, I don't see how their play puts you at a disadvantage.