Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 06:32 AM

Default QQ on a dangerous flop, and an all in

5 handed, no solid reads

Hero utg+1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

utg folds, hero bets $2, button calls, sb folds, big blind raises to $5, Hero re-raises to $12, button folds, BB calls.

Flop (~$26) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB puts me all in fo $36, Hero????
Old 09-01-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Re: QQ on a dangerous flop, and an all in

Folds.
What hands do you think you are ahead of here? He raised your bet (I guess this is NL50, and you bet 4xBB?), and called your reraise - what hands would do this, that you are ahead of now?
TT? AQs?

Why do you reraise him preflop? A reraise often means AA-QQ or AK, so there are not many hands your are ahead of here.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:06 AM

Theres no way Im not re-raising preflop. I want definition and this is the cheapest way to get it. Also I have position and theres no point in letting him get a cheap flop for an A or K to fall to put me in a tricky situation. If he had of re-re-raised, I probably would have let it go considering it wasnt too expensive to try flop a set.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:02 AM

Um, fold, everything is ahead of you except for a maniac going crazy over AQ or TT.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:01 AM

Looks like a routine fold to me.

Ryan
Old 09-05-2005, 12:18 PM

Im suprised everyone said fold. I thought it was quite obvious villain was bluffing trying to represent the J. Theres no way he would push like that if he had the J. He wouldnt bet the K that hard in fear of the J, even AA. I called anyway, villain had A10.

P.S Players do this kind of move all the time with low pp's aswell.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:26 PM

shouldn't this post have a low content warning? it's just shameless bragging. and very results-oriented. there's no way that call is +ev.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:32 PM

I very much agree with klonpucko. You posted your hand and wanted opinions. I to find it hard to find this play +EV unless you have a read, which you didnt..
Old 09-05-2005, 12:42 PM

It isnt a bragging post...I had no reads as stated - thus it should be taken that villain is typical Party player.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theres no way Im not re-raising preflop. I want definition and this is the cheapest way to get it. Also I have position and theres no point in letting him get a cheap flop for an A or K to fall to put me in a tricky situation. If he had of re-re-raised, I probably would have let it go considering it wasnt too expensive to try flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
3-betting here is debatable. Why do you want more definition? Do you want your opponent to know that you have QQ, KK, or AA. Doesn't a reraise from the blinds by an unknown already narrow his range of hands to JJ, QQ, KK, AA, and AK, and maybe possibly TT and AQs? I'm folding that flop against an unknown every single time. That's one of the worst possible flops you can get against a preflop reraiser. You're lucky you ran into a donk. Most of the time, you'll be drawing to a 2-outer.