Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Another TCU must play....

Home to UNM and only giving 1.5 points. Play TCU here all the way. UNM is NOT a better team this year.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Another TCU must play....

I'm interested to hear WHY...
Old 09-30-2005, 10:46 PM

Can't you read? He said

[ QUOTE ]
UNM is NOT a better team this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 12:50 AM

I don't know about this one, BYU really exposed the TCU pass defense last week and UNM has a very good athletic receiver in Hank Baskett. Plus Dontrell Moore will get his on the ground, which wont allow TCU to play pass defense constantly. TCU's QB Gunn is also out for this game, and the UNM's defense is no chopped liver. TCU may still be the play, but I'd be real nervous about this game...UNM knows that if they lose, TCU has a very strong hold on the conference after beating Utah and BYU on the road...
Old 10-01-2005, 01:40 AM

BYU did exploit TCU's pass defense. However, UNM does not have an NFL caliber reciever that BYU does and their quarterback is not expected to make the same incredible throws that BYUs QB was coming up with.

As far as reasons for the TCU play. They are playing at home. With Ballard at QB they will throw to recievers not named Rogers. They will be able to throw farther than 10 yards down the field with Ballard in as opposed to Gunn.

As far as "New Mexico needs to win, because if they dont TCU has the MWC Title in their hands" that is very far from the true. The MWC has a lot of parity this year which is why the home teams should win most of the games in the conference. Did TCU luckbox there way to a win at BYU, yea probably. However, they will make adjustments (read from SMU game to Utah game) and will score at least 35 points this game. I havent looked at the o/u but I'd be willing to take over as many has 55 points.

-snup
Old 10-01-2005, 01:43 AM

Just checked, bet the over of 49. TCU will put up at least 35 points and will inevitably allow 20+. With good weather and a good crowd this game should easily go over 49.