Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2005, 09:16 PM

Default How significant do the blinds have to be to make it worth moving in?

I had a discussion with a buddy of mine about whther to move in with this hand. Tell me what you guys think.

Blinds 50-100 you have 1k in chips in a world series type structure. Hand is kqs and you are in middle position.

I said that the blinds weren't significant enough to make me move my whole stack in for to pick up 150. And the times i get called will probably be around a 70 to 75 percent dog on average(just a quick guess if you got called by jj's 1010's and above pair Ak and AQ).

So who will do better me throwing my hand away keeping my 1k. Or my buddy moving in and picking up the blinds most of the time but when called winning and doubling up 25 ot 30 percent. But being broke 70 to 75 percent of the time.

And how significant is picking up the blinds and having 1150 as oposed to [passing and having 1k. And how siginificant is it to doule up there? Is it worth the risk of going broke 70 to 75 percent of the time?

Thanks for your responses.