Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-08-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Should I finish college? (long)

Your a giant ass clown if you cant finish 1 more year at college. I have about a year left also and although I want to go back home(to cali from bosotn) and drop out of business school to go to culinary school, I know at this point I need to just tough it out and finish my marketing degree. Having a decent education and something to fall back on is very important(yeah duh). If I want to be a cook, I can do that later in life, cooks are always in demand. The same is true for poker, people are always going to be pissing away their money. Also, its not like you cant play poker while your in school. Esp. if your one of those actuarial guys school should be very easy for you. I was good friends with an actuarial guy my freshman year and basically the future looks bright for him and he was a total-lazy ass clown. I think its pretty silly-arrogant to no finish college to play poker. I also dont have the 100s of thousands of dollars flowing in that a lot of you guys do that may skew your perspective. but yeah, just finish school.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:18 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If I decide to finish, my parents will pay the tuition.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I expect to make over $600k.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a total dick for not paying muchless giving your parents nice stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

who are you to pass judgments about things he does in relation to his family? you need to just keep it to yourself sometimes dude.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:43 PM

Are you kidding me? How is it not dick if you make so much per year that you can't help out those who helped you out? How is that private stuff? Isn't that just being nice to your parents? Or is that too private?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a little under 2 semester's worth of classes to take before I can receive my degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread over. You're kidding, right?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:07 PM

I come from a really conservative traditional family where parents are supposed to support you until you have graduated and have a job. I convinced them to let me pay rent for my apartment. Money-wise, the tuition isn't a big deal for either of us. I think it makes them happy to pay for my college.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:11 PM

It's your life do whatever you want. But it would be stupid to quit now. It's all about options.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:19 PM

Default How realistic is $600K/year

Like many others, I advised against dropping out. But just to entertain the idea, how realistic and confident are you in your estimate. Please don't take this as an attack on your ability, but your decision to drop out is such a life changing decision that it requires a high level of certainty in your estimate.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:39 PM

Not only should you drop college faster than you'd drop that skank with syphilis, but you should never go back; even when you go broke. Haven't you heard...back up plans are for suckers. I mean really, when did college ever help anybody with anything?

There's always the thrilling life of municipal worker, cab driver, hit man, carpenter guy...
Old 12-08-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I come from a really conservative traditional family where parents are supposed to support you until you have graduated and have a job. I convinced them to let me pay rent for my apartment. Money-wise, the tuition isn't a big deal for either of us. I think it makes them happy to pay for my college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good clarification. I wish I had this before. I agree with you then. You are not a dick anymore.

Last question still didn't get answered.

Any stats on yearly progress to your guess of 600k/year?
Old 12-08-2005, 06:06 PM

Nah. I'm not getting into my WR/Bankroll. I'm pretty sure people can vouch for that estimate.