Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-28-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Standard or just plain bad?

No reads other than this is the second time villain minraised my BB. The other time i folded to a bet on the flop. I am running a bit bad, is this something I should stop or am I just being results oriented.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO (t1755)
Button (t2685)
SB (t2690)
Hero (t2265)
UTG (t595)
MP1 (t2295)
MP2 (t1215)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t900) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1865</font>, Button calls t1465.

Turn: (t4630) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t4630) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t4630
Old 11-28-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Standard or just plain bad?

Given the short history of the Button min-raise, your 11-bb's, a decent little A2s...a pretty good spot for a resteal PF.

You got a great flop, a weak'ish lead, plenty of FE...closer to 'standard' than 'plain bad' (though I'd prefer to open-push this particular flop having just called PF).
Old 11-28-2005, 01:52 PM

I believe your play was fine. It is hard to get a good read on any player at a SNG, but there are plenty of players who will try to push you around. I have to believe that even if he had a K you had plenty of outs to make this play (any diamond and probably any A) - with 12 outs - two cards to come - and a chance that he may fold at the raise I can definetly see the logic in making this push.

I can't say if I would do it every time, but if I feel like someone is trying to push me around, I will find some hand to make a stand, and this one seems like a good opprotunity for that.

GL
Old 11-28-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Given the short history of the Button min-raise, your 11-bb's, a decent little A2s...a pretty good spot for a resteal PF.

You got a great flop, a weak'ish lead, plenty of FE...closer to 'standard' than 'plain bad' (though I'd prefer to open-push this particular flop having just called PF).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. This is a nice preflop resteal opportunity against a guy that's been doing this a lot. Given that you didn't, your flop push is fine.

-SonnyJay
Old 11-28-2005, 02:05 PM

Hmmm. Maybe you're both right. I've just seen too many people totally unwilling to fold any hand they have made a raise with preflop, calling with anything. Much easier to muscle them out if they wiffed the flop. Then again when they hit it, its another story. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]