Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: I am an idiot.

It will get better but work on the folllowing through on your parent's requests and the speaking thing.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:13 AM

Well, I was generalizing of course. Sure, people can change. Alcoholics stop drinking - some never ever touch another drop. Some people who cheated on a spouse might not ever do it again. Some who don’t want to work become responsible when they get married.

But, organized vs. all discombobulated - never, ever. Just joking. Really, I am not joking all that much. For some reason I think people just never change this trait. Probably because it really isn’t such an important thing in life (ironic because it really is a way of life).

I’ll give you an example. Like I say, I am organized. I like to know where things are. I think I have only missed place my car keys one time in my life. I have only lost anything (not counting gambling losses) like one (well maybe less than 5) time in my life. At work, my desk is neat. I can’t concentrate on what I have to do until things are organized. I make lists or I forget (some people never have to right things down and remember everything). Anyway, my wife, although not a slob, is not organized – she thinks she is though. When the mail comes to the house, I sort it and leave it for my wife to look through. We get tons of catalogues (she buys a lot of stuff). She loves to look though the catalogues. So, she lets them pile up on the kitchen counter. (If it were only up to me – I’d throw all but maybe a few in the trash right then and there.) Then every so often she will decide to “get neat” and sort the catalogs. Throws most away and keeps a few. So after this happens, say I go to get a pen out of the drawer where I think the pens and pencils are. (Most of the time, the pens aren’t there – she took one to write something down to order from the catalog or something – now none are there.) But, what do you think is in the pen/pencil drawer? You got it, the drawer is stuffed with the catalogs she “organized”. Many times, I can’t even open the drawer because it is filled to the top.

Anyway, she thinks she is getting organized. But, in reality she is only moving the disorder to a different place. I noticed this with everyone. Never met a person who changes this trait. Not saying it is impossible, just doesn’t happen is all. I stand by my original post, Stuey. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 11:20 AM

Do you do drugs? Stop that. Also you can change yourself. If your as if you describe its just lack of effort...
Old 10-21-2005, 11:21 AM

Haven't read the responses, but for whatever it's worth I spill on myself every time I eat. I'm 30.

Swede
Old 10-21-2005, 11:23 AM

Go out and get laid.