Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Blind Play

I feel clueless in the Blinds. What are your standards in the SB, raised and unraises pot, and the BB for calling a raise? I just have no idea what the standards should be. I looked in SSHE and it says throw away ATo in BB, but that seems awfully tight to me when you are getting 3-1 on a call.

BTW I'm losing .12BB/hand in the SB and .16BB/ hand in the BB. I'm not sure what the standard on these stats are.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Blind Play

Standards something like -.10BB on the SB and -.20BB on the BB. My blind defense is somewhere around 85% on the SB and 65% on the BB.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I looked in SSHE and it says throw away ATo in BB, but that seems awfully tight to me when you are getting 3-1 on a call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the only time you'd be getting 3-to-1 in the BB is if it was folded to the SB who raised - I'm 3-betting with ATo (and a lot worse) in that situation.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I'm losing .12BB/hand in the SB and .16BB/ hand in the BB. I'm not sure what the standard on these stats are.

[/ QUOTE ]
You will always be a loser in the blinds. That's the way it works. You're losing numbers look reasonable.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:19 AM

We'll just stick with BB Play for now say everyone folds to someone in LP who raises everyone else including the small blind folds.

What do you need to call here?

Are you calling with Kx?

54s?

JXs?
Old 06-10-2005, 12:38 AM

This all depends on where the raise comes from.

If it's an EP raiser, then I'm not going to play much from the SB that I wouldn't play for a raise from any other position. You already have half a bet in the pot, but being out of position for the entire hand sucks.

BB, it completely depends on who is in the pot. If I have 57s, but 4 other people have entered, I'm going to call getting 9:1 on my call. If no one else has entered, I'm folding it.