Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Some hand from $1/2 level. Please for critique....

1. Hand

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

2.Hand

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: (5.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

3. Hand

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

4. Hand

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 11-21-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Some hand from $1/2 level. Please for critique....

Hand 1---Bet on the river.
Hand 2---Fold preflop depending on a read. You should have bet on teh river.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:12 PM

raise in hand 1, what hands do you think he has?

raise in hand 2

hand 3 is ok

hand 4 is tough, but since BB just woke up, I think you can fold.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:13 PM

Hand 3--good
Hand 4--Dont like the 3bet on the flop.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:16 PM

Hand 1: I wouldve capped the flop, but its ok if you didnt. If you dont cap the flop, then you must check raise the turn. You would bet the river too.

Hand 2: I wouldve bet the river, but I will get called by something worse.

Hand 3: I fold the flop, but you called. So you should just call him down. WA/WB line is correct.

Hand 4: It seems good, but I would bet out on the flop. Everything else is good.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:25 PM

Grunch.

I think you have to raise the turn in hand 1. If villian fires back at you then let's call him down. You're only losing to KK and villian has AK far more often. Our set is good here way too often to not push it.

Hand 2 I think our hands are tied. We're OOP and the flop missed us. I'm making a crying call on the river.

Hand 3 I'm folding after the flop. The pot is small and I don't think our 5s are good often enough to make this worthwhile.

Hand 4 I'm seriously considering folding this preflop. But once we're in the hand I think I play it the same way. If I'm smart/weak I check river and call a bet, but I probably bet because I think we have the best hand. I don't put him on AQ. Does villian really have a 6? What 2 pair? Did he wait 'til the river to raise a set?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:35 PM

*grunching*

Hand 1: Preflop is marginal but not too bad. Check-raising is fine, but I think you could cap the flop and then lead the turn.

Hand 2: Bet the river.

Hand 3: I think you could fold this flop with two overcards to your pair and a small 1-card flush draw.

Hand 4: Raise preflop. I like postflop play all the way. When the BB wakes up on the river it looks like a straight, but I would pay off anyway.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:38 PM

Hand 1: bet out the flop. There's no way he puts you on a set of 3's, and he probably raises with TPTK. On the button, he can be on a variety of hands: a middle pair, or ragged AQ.C/R the turn, and bet/raise away on the river. Best I'd put him on is top two.

Hand 2: no major disagreement. I might've bet out first on the river. Top pair with decent kicker with threat of trips. More likely check/call and fold to any raise.

Hand 3: Fold the flop. SB probably on a 1-card draw like you, but you're only ahead of 2 other flushes.

Hand 4: 1 bet for the possibility of winning 13. Think you're 8% to win? Probably lost to a donked straight or made 2-pair. I call and kick myself later, but worth a crying call.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:42 PM

Hand 1 - Either cap flop and lead turn or just call the 3-bet and C/R the turn. Your hand is far too strong to be just calling the turn and checking the river. Just because he 3-bet you doesnt mean he has trip jacks or kings. AK or KQ is very likely here.

Hand 2 - Bet river. Why are you checking there?

Hand 3 - Fold flop, you have a flush draw that is very very unlikely to win if hit. You are getting 7:1 and need a 5 for a set, and you will likely either be already beaten or outdrawn by the river. Easy fold.

Hand 4 - Raise PF, lead flop.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:47 PM

*Grunch*

Hand 1 I hate with a passion! Lead the flop, raise every time you can and keep your cursor on that bet/raise button every step of the way. There is no good way to check-raise the turn here as you force too many players to cold call so just keep betting, raising and leading.

Hand 2 I play the same, cannot see any other way. Overcalls is better than raising and finding yourself dominated.

Hand 3 is normally a fold pre-flop but as you seen to be in a loose passive games then OK. Fold the flop though. Chasing with the 5 of hearts on this board in a tiny pot sucks.

Hand 4 I tend to fold this pre-flop to a raise unless the raisor raises too many hands then I will 3 bet it. The check-raise on the flop is OK I think but once you get check-raised yourself on the river you are ahead almost never. Can't be too critical of the crying call though for just one more BB. But given that you yourself showed strength by check-raising the BB always has the 6 here.

EDIT: Did not see that you check/called hand 2 on the river I thought you had called an early bet. Betting out here is far better.