Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: semi bluff raise

[ QUOTE ]
depends on the table and players. Both are acceptable

edit - you do understand why limping sucks here, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because A9 is easily dominated and you have no idea what's coming behind you? I don't play suited aces UTG (usually) lower than ATs.

If you consider raising with this.. what's your strategy? Are you raising to thin the field and try to get rid of a MP ATo or something? Or do you want a big pot in case your diamonds hit on the flop?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:39 PM

folding higher aces is one, , thinning the field is also good (possibly position), another is that if you limp this sh**I am going to isolate your ass everytime! You are about a 7.5:1 to flop a flush draw with two suited cards, so a many callers is not a terrible thing.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:50 PM

Let's say everyone acting behind you is a passive preflop (0-3% PFR).. seems like a limp then to encourage more callers if you get your FD might not be a bad idea - if you can let it go if you don't hit big.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:52 PM

what is their vpip
Old 12-15-2005, 04:54 PM

Average micro LP fish. 35-70%
Old 12-15-2005, 05:01 PM

I guess it depends how I well I can read them postflop. If they are closer to 70% than a call seems about in order (no chance of iso-raising) closer to 35% I'd say muck it, but there may be people who disagree with me on this one.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:03 PM

Meh, raising is more fun and I don't care if a bunch of them call or if none of them call. I raise A9s+ UTG.

Edit: I'm talking about preflop
Old 12-15-2005, 05:09 PM

I just don't see enough turn cards that make my 3 bet feel good here Tassie. Sure it's a top pair top kicker scenario, and you've got the opportunity to destroy the pot odds for the remainder of the field, but you will get at least two opponents going to the turn. I count 2 fine aces and two nines to improve. The non-club deuces, treys, and fours seem harmless. Everything else leaves you troubled and odds are everything else is a comin' on that turn. You're one small bet into this thing. Lay down and find a better investment. They're endless these days!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ditch this hand pre-flop from UTG. Problem solved.

Since you played it, I think this is a reraise or fold situation. With the texture of this flop I would lean towards a fold, especially since this is not a large pot. If the pot were larger and the board not so coordinated, a 3-bet might be in order.

Also, consider that the action is coming from the blinds in an unraised pot. They could have a number of hands that connect well with this board, whereas if the action was coming from early or middle position limpers you might be able to narrow down their range a little better.

All-in-all, I say it's a not-so-tough fold. If you later find out you would have won, no big deal in this small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. point taken. thanks
Old 12-15-2005, 05:24 PM

If you tell me you are going to get 5 opponents to the flop with no raise, then I will limp with A9s UTG all day long.