Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Best site for micro limits- for a beginner?

I'm just starting out with poker(about 6 months in)- Looking for advice on the best site to play micro limits.

I have been advised (by others on 2+2) that Party isn't the best place to start?

Many thanks,
Ian
Old 11-29-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Best site for micro limits- for a beginner?

Party poker beginner tables are suuuuuuuuuuper sweet IMO.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:59 PM

Party poker beginner tables are ridiculously easy.

SO easy in fact, that I don't recommend playing there first. I think it's better to "save" the 45day beginner period until you are good and can mop the floor with the competition. Most of this forum is 7+bb/100 at those tables. That's some serious profit for ABC poker that you can multitable and play hundreds of hands a day.

I think stars is a reasonable site to start on. Their microlimits are easy all the way up through 1/2. And while their 1/2 and 2/4 full ring games are pretty terrible, their 1/2 and 2/4 6-max is wonderful.

Play on stars, get up to 1/2 and 2/4, switch to 6-max, play for a while, and THEN go and abuse the party beginner tables.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:15 PM

What are these tables? I've heard but never been. What limits? You can only stay for 45 days? Aren't they shark infested?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:17 PM

No, they're donk infested. They're only on party for your first 45 days after signup. You can't find worse players anywhere on the web, except for maybe Pacific.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party poker beginner tables are ridiculously easy.

SO easy in fact, that I don't recommend playing there first. I think it's better to "save" the 45day beginner period until you are good and can mop the floor with the competition. Most of this forum is 7+bb/100 at those tables. That's some serious profit for ABC poker that you can multitable and play hundreds of hands a day.

I think stars is a reasonable site to start on. Their microlimits are easy all the way up through 1/2. And while their 1/2 and 2/4 full ring games are pretty terrible, their 1/2 and 2/4 6-max is wonderful.

Play on stars, get up to 1/2 and 2/4, switch to 6-max, play for a while, and THEN go and abuse the party beginner tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is very good advice.

I also like the idea of saving for Party's beginner tables to take advantage to them. Also, if you don't have the $300+ roll, stars is your best choice.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:44 PM

FWIW, I've spent my whole micro career at UB, which may make me a serious masochist. Started at .25/.5, now at .5/1 and doing OK. Winning at both, not a lot, but given me a lot of confidence in my game. Variance there seems lower than other sites due perhaps to quality of players. Frequent reload bonuses help a lot, too. Only drag is that when a donk sits down, several sharks move in.

So, not to hijack this, but I think I'm ready to open a Party account and would also like to know what to expect. I have a lot of time to play this month, so bonus/rakeback will factor in. I do like my game, but VPIP and WTSD are a little high, while W$SD is low. Is Party beginner going to help or hurt my turn/river play?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:52 PM

This was made primarily for bonus whoring, but a lot of the advice is still good.