Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: 20/40 Bad call on third and getting what I deserved.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you overplayed 3rd completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I did? By completing and then simply calling one bet back to me?

[ QUOTE ]
I would've mucked it without too much consideration. Why even call the B.I. when one of your 9's are dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because a few people have folded and theres only one overcard behind me.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm lost here. You're just setting yourself up for a big chase situation. Not wise IMO...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're lost its probably due to the fact that you have 60 posts. That and that you likely didnt bother to read the reasoning I gave or the responses of others. Perhaps you should have some more experience playing stud and posting about it before you tell me that I "overplayed something completely" and that it "wasnt wise"?

Mike Emery
Old 12-26-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're lost its probably due to the fact that you have 60 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does the number of posts I've made determine whether or not I'm a successful Stud player? Is it due to the date when I found out about this site or when I started playing the game? Hmmm...

[ QUOTE ]
lol. I did? By completing and then simply calling one bet back to me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, exactly by doing so. Completing was wrong and calling was wrong = Overplay.

[ QUOTE ]
Because a few people have folded and theres only one overcard behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love when people rationalize poor play. "Because this or because that", always an excuse.

By the Way, you did title this thread as "20/40 Bad call on third and getting what I deserved." Well you got what you deserved, now take it like a man and not a whinning baby.

Not My Opinion, Just Fact!
Knoll
Old 12-26-2005, 09:30 PM

Hi,

[ QUOTE ]
How does the number of posts I've made determine whether or not I'm a successful Stud player?

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I have only something like 500 or so, but I have been posting and playing for years and years. Hell, give me an opponent that has 5000 posts and you bet I will teach him a thing or two about this game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CJ

Disclaimer - Stud games only.. FLop games aren't my specialty................ yet.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, give me an opponent that has 5000 posts and you bet I will teach him a thing or two about this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised so many people have your back on this forum. Sometimes you really come off like a prickish egomaniac.

- Mac

[/ QUOTE ]

Now someone with 112 posts speaks up.

[ QUOTE ]
I love when people rationalize poor play. "Because this or because that", always an excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave completely logical reasons for what I did. Judging from your brief analysis my guess is that you suck at stud. Mac, this goes for you too. The only reason I jumped on your case was because you came off as an all knowing prodigy that made it sound like my play was terrible and that was that.

While my third street play in this hand was questionable theres far from a correct answer here. Did you happen to notice that the final consensus was that my third street call wasnt that bad? I'm still not saying its right or wrong, just that its up in the air, unlike you indicated. Why dont you both just scoot on back to your low limit games until you learn a thing ot two more, fish. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Mike Emery
Old 12-26-2005, 11:21 PM

112 posts, but I can tell I definitely get laid way more than you do!!

Message board battling is always no win, so I'm not gonna get too nasty. Everyone plays for different reasons. I play recreationally in my low limit game because I enjoy the game. You've taken the game seriously and moved up (which i love to see). I take offense when you piss on people trying to constructively give advice (particularly in a forum as chill as the stud forum). It's a definite personality flaw. Also, post count is low but I'm old-school, '02, back when there were only MRB, Andy, and CJC critiquing each other's play. OK, off to the 3/6..

- Mac
Old 12-27-2005, 10:10 AM

and now from a one post poster. I love this forum for the mutual intelligence and respect. Even thru the rancor the fiesty poker player shows. Even the local guru will stoop to defuse. And the 'new' on here understand the flow of stud. The schoolyard fights melt into tomorrows game. I might have to switch to stud . thanks for the moment.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While my third street play in this hand was questionable theres far from a correct answer here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Once again you choose to ignore your own original post and the answer you sought. There is a Correct answer. The title of the post is "Bad call on third and getting what I deserved." All I did was agree with you. It was a bad call and you did get what you deserved. Did you expect me to disagree? If I was a poor player I would've. But it was a bad play and you know it, hence the title of this post . If you wanted to get accolades post a hand where you played it well.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're lost its probably due to the fact that you have 60 posts. That and that you likely didnt bother to read the reasoning I gave or the responses of others. Perhaps you should have some more experience playing stud and posting about it before you tell me that I "overplayed something completely" and that it "wasnt wise"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised so many people have your back on this forum. Sometimes you really come off like a prickish egomaniac.

- Mac
Old 12-26-2005, 10:19 PM

Whaddya got against prickish egomaniacs?
Closed Thread