Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 03:08 AM

Default bb vs. sb with 22

villian is 26/18/4 over 758 hands
3bet pf? ok fold on the flop?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB
Old 11-04-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: bb vs. sb with 22

I think the fold is fine. 3betting isnt necessary. You only going to be comfortable on the flop if a 2 falls.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:48 PM

I will often fold 22/33/44 preflop against decent players. If I decide to play I will often play it passively. I'd call the flop and only bet if he checks. It's really player dependent.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:04 PM

I like calling pf. I'm not sure I like raise/folding the flop. Given the villain's past aggression, I don't think that 3-bet narrows his range much. You could be drawing practically dead (pair + heart), but he could also be betting a K and not hold a heart, or even a big heart without a pair. You're not getting great odds on the call down (2.6:1), but they're not that bad.

If you're committed to playing this table for a while, I'd be tempted to call down. I may be paranoid, but making this fold sets a precedent that I'm not really happy with. Sure it could work to your advantage if the next hand you play against him is a monster, but more likely you'll be holding some other mediocre cards and defending your blind.

I'm not too sure, but against an ultra-aggressive player like this, I think you could also consider calling a bet on all streets and/or betting if checked to.