Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 06:30 PM

Default 25NL hand

This player was pretty laggy, and raising out of small blind i didn't put him on a hand such as AK, i thought more of something along the lines of a suited connecter. I checked behind on flop becuase i thought he was just setting me up for a checkraise and maybe hit my 2 outter on the free card. When he checked again on the turn it made no sense, i thought he would have put out a bet with set/2 pair or king becuase of the lost bet he could have picked up on the flop, and a check raise here looked very unlikely. When he checked riased on the turn only hand i could possibly put him on with this wierd play was a semi-bluff from a flush draw or he thought my $1.5 bet was very weak and could take it down with a raise. What do you guys think.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

MP ($5.54)
Button ($29.15)
SB ($24.30)
Hero ($45.90)
UTG ($24.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $1.4</font>, Hero calls $1.25, UTG folds.

Flop: ($3.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($3.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Crazy_pants checks.
xedgezx bets [$1.50].
Crazy_pants raises [$5].
xedgezx raises [$13.50].
Crazy_pants folds.
xedgezx does not show cards.
xedgezx wins $22.85

Sorry about crappy layout for the second part of hand, couldn't get the converter to work properly.
Final Pot: $22.85
Old 11-13-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: 25NL hand

Not too shabby.

EDIT: You shouldn't have told me that he folded by the way. It's probably biasing my thinking.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: 25NL hand

i think u can make plays like this with a read, but i would stray from any sort of big bluffs at any level through the 100s. btw u got balls to 3 bet a c/r against a lag.