Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Stars 180 SNG Payout schedule

They take way too long, if you ask me. Obviously not as long as a larger field MTT, but every time I have played I have been at it for several hours only to win 40 bucks or so. But if you've got the time to kill...
Old 12-12-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They take way too long, if you ask me. Obviously not as long as a larger field MTT, but every time I have played I have been at it for several hours only to win 40 bucks or so. But if you've got the time to kill...

[/ QUOTE ]

My hourly rate across a couple dozen is better than 4-tabling the $27s. Small sample size and all, but they're that soft. Haven't run into a big stack that played close to aggressively enough ITM yet, either.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do these work anyway? From what I have seen they are just a 180 max multi-table tourny no? Anything special besides that?

[/ QUOTE ]

the field is guaranteed twice as terrible as your average stars tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second this. Small sample size, yadda, yadda:

ITM: 75%
ROI 1,427%
Old 12-12-2005, 07:15 PM

Yeah these are an absolute goldmine, you can run tables over on the bubble when everyone is terrified of losing their 40 bucks or whatever.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do these work anyway? From what I have seen they are just a 180 max multi-table tourny no? Anything special besides that?

[/ QUOTE ]

the field is guaranteed twice as terrible as your average stars tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second this. Small sample size, yadda, yadda:

ITM: 75%
ROI 1,427%

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn.. I was really proud of my 500% ROI since I started keeping records.

From now on, I only keep records in one tournament databases. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 07:19 PM

I have played in 3 of these, and came in 6th, 3rd, and 71st (KK lost to AA). I just figured I was running good to hit 2/3 final tables, and I just kept playing the regular 22s. Maybe I should start focusing on these if everyone agrees they are soft. Can anyone explain why they would be softer than other tourneys?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 PM

The bad players from the $22 SNGs are playing them for the big payday, the bad players from the $22 tournies are playing them for the smaller fields, and the good players from the bigger tournies don't think the smaller payday is worth the time.

The big dead money overlay can't last forever, but I suspect it'll get killed by Stars offering these in $5/$10 buyins before the good players kill the game.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:47 PM

I hope they just make one smaller buy-in one, like a $10, and then one bigger buy-in would be nice, like a $55 or something.