Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: $33: Weak top pair out ot BB, lead or follow?

[ QUOTE ]
So I guess you're kinda saying that you can't really protect this hand wo a check raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying that leading into a 5-way, you can't realistically protect the hand - period.

The check raise opportunity was one brought about by this specific pattern of check/betting. I wouldn't even propose c-r'ing a limp+2/3 callers. The fact that it was just weak-button, non-c-r'ing SB, made it an ideal situation to take it down here.

One of those TPTK hands that you really shouldn't have an overly eager desire to (or belief you will/can) take down.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:42 PM

OK, Thanks..good to think about cause these situations come up a LOT

Brian
Old 12-04-2005, 12:22 PM

bluefeet,

I can see your point about a flop c/r considering the action, although I have found that flush drawers are a little more likely to fold to a bet on the turn with only one more to come than on the flop, even to a c/r, which is why I felt ok in giving another card.

I think the bet size for a c/r on the flop would need to be somewhere around what I bet on the turn, and by waiting until the turn, you can somewhat leverage the fact that there's only one more card to come, as well as not build a huge pot right off the bat with a weak TPTK OOP. Basically, I think those that chase flush draws are more likely to call that bet on the flop than on the turn.

Getting back to the original question and considering the situation at hand: You've taken the lead in the hand on the turn, have a pretty sizeable chunk of your stack in the middle, the third flush card just hit after classic flush draw action, and it's your move. What's your line?