Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 05:30 AM

Default 20+2r on prima

Okay I'm going to tell you how I played this hand and what I was thinking. Then I'm going to give an alternative play I could have easily made. I want you guys to tell me which one you prefer and why.

Scenario--there are 27 people left in this tourn top 10 make the money. I'm around 20th place yet shortstacked (the usual for me lol) I just got here to the table a few hands ago.

Button is table chip leader and has me covered about 5 to 1.

All fold to button who minraises (I've noticed this trend has gotten so much more popular than ever recently)
SB folds Hero has 9 of Diamonds, 10 of Hearts
Hero just calls thinking opponent has ace rag or king rag and is 100% sure that player will bet any flop and is planning on check shoving any non ace/king flop. I'm looking for a double up chance with the best hand in this pot and/or increasing my chips to an adequate stack or I'll just fold and try to double up in a bit since I have just enough chips to be okay with giving it up.

Flop Jack of Diamonds, Queen of Diamonds, 8 of Diamonds
I check
Button bets 800 (I knew he'd fire)
I move all in for 6275 (so 5475 to call) Couldn't find a reason to slowplay this anymore on that flop.
Button calls.
Results <font color="white"> Button has King of Diamonds, 3 of Diamonds I miss my out. </font>

Analysis
<font color="white">
My read was dead on--my other play of thought is to immediately move allin and take down that blind steal and add it to my stack since he can't call with his hand. I've been debating this in my head since I got knocked out--should I have just taken that attempted weak steal or attempted the bigger pot figuring that if I hit he wouldn't be able to fold and hopefully double up at this point in the tourn. </font>

I just want a debate the play here (look at analysis) assuming you were in my shoes. Which do you prefer to do yourself and why is what I would like to know.

Okay, discuss/flame away [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]