Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Regarding Total Bet / UK Betting Daily Promos

I'm a little bit confused by the qualifying conditions. For example, on 6/2 they are offering a bonus if you get "DEALT 3 Jacks" in a game of Texas Hold 'Em. Emphasis is mine. Do they mean getting dealt a pair of jacks and hitting a set with the board? I don't see any way I could be dealt 3 jacks. Similarly for 3 fours, 3 tens, 3 aces, etc. Getting dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes sense to me.

I would post a link but I don't want to violate any rules. I'm sure all of you can find the Total Bet and UK Betting promotions pages.

Thanks for your help - I figured this would be faster than support.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Regarding Total Bet / UK Betting Daily Promos

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little bit confused by the qualifying conditions. For example, on 6/2 they are offering a bonus if you get "DEALT 3 Jacks" in a game of Texas Hold 'Em. Emphasis is mine. Do they mean getting dealt a pair of jacks and hitting a set with the board? I don't see any way I could be dealt 3 jacks. Similarly for 3 fours, 3 tens, 3 aces, etc. Getting dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes sense to me.

I would post a link but I don't want to violate any rules. I'm sure all of you can find the Total Bet and UK Betting promotions pages.

Thanks for your help - I figured this would be faster than support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. For the 3 of a kind promotions, you have to make a set with a pocket pair. For all the others, (e.g. K hearts, Q hearts), you have to have both cards in your hand.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:05 AM

I think I got paid once when the flop was 3 jacks. Doesn't hurt to fill out the form and see what happens.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:15 AM

And you have to be playing on pound tables.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And you have to be playing on pound tables.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You didn't in the past. I have received several bonuses (in pounds) for special hands hit at dollar tables. Has there been a change, or did you just read the web page that might just mean play money tables don't count?

The Caribbean Sun web page has said that their bonus is for 500 raked hands. Nevertheless, the bonus has always been awarded for the number of hands played, not raked hands.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:13 AM

parappa - thanks for the response. I have a follow up question - I assume I have to still be active in the hand when my card hits. That is, if I have a pocket pair of jacks but fold on the flop, turning a jack does me no good. Is this correct? Also, what if I hit my set but then fold before showdown (like if their is a four flush at the river). Do I still collect the bonus?
Old 06-01-2005, 10:25 AM

$s games pay the bonus.

You must have the pocket pair in the hole and make a set to get the bonus (claiming does no harm but rarely gets you anywhere for hands with you making trips wihtout the pocket pair)

As for dropping preflop, I'm not sure, but I'd guess that its ok, can't harm to claim either way.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
parappa - thanks for the response. I have a follow up question - I assume I have to still be active in the hand when my card hits. That is, if I have a pocket pair of jacks but fold on the flop, turning a jack does me no good. Is this correct? Also, what if I hit my set but then fold before showdown (like if their is a four flush at the river). Do I still collect the bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the answer to the "Fold your jacks and hit the set on the turn" situation. The times I've gotten it (on the $1/$2 tables, both were specific preflop hands. I didn't know if I had to play them or not, either, so I limped in and folded on the flop. Personally, I wouldn't pay you on a turned jack if you folded the flop, but as others have said, it's worth a try if it happens (claiming, not drawing for the 2-outer).

I'm quite sure you don't have to show the hand down.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:50 PM

Thank you. Not having to show the hand down is particularly useful information. I agree that at least taking the flop seems the best plan (even if you are wrong you still win 20 GBP and lose only a small bet) when you have a PF qualifier like KhQh.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:38 PM

I also have hit one of these promotions a couple of months ago and was paid for it on the dollar tables.

Was playing UK/Total about a week ago when the Bachelor Party hand promo was going on...someone I was playing with hit the 3 Jacks, and I reminded him/her about the promo ( which he/she didnt know about) and a fellow person at the table said that it only good at the pound tables now and to look at the fine print in the promo...

Long story short, the fine print only specified the pound tables. Now whether this is absolute, final truth...who knows???