Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Video TStone coached me on

[ QUOTE ]
This is from memory, so forgive me if I'm wrong. But a 60/25 guy limps in CO(?). Button (?) raises and is something like 50/12. SB folds and you 3bet in the BB with A8s.

I don't think I see much good in 3betting here. If anyone can give me a better argument than "cause you're gonna flop trips," I'd be interested to hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]
First hand of the video. I'm also curious about the preflop 3-bet. It feels as though the 3-bet is pretty much EV neutral (is it?). If it is, isn't a call more +EV?
Old 11-25-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is from memory, so forgive me if I'm wrong. But a 60/25 guy limps in CO(?). Button (?) raises and is something like 50/12. SB folds and you 3bet in the BB with A8s.

I don't think I see much good in 3betting here. If anyone can give me a better argument than "cause you're gonna flop trips," I'd be interested to hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad you commented on this hand, since noone else did. After doing a bit of PokerStoving, I realize I don't have the equity I thought I had. If they both call my 3-bet, I am about equity neutral here (just about exactly 33% equity). If Button decides to cap, then I only have about 29% equity. I raised mainly for initiative, and because I thought I could muscle them out of better hands. I think calling is probably best though. I am suprised noone else commented on this before, because if raising is best, I think it is only slightly best, and calling may yet be better.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:32 AM

have any other SH videos been posted recently? they are very helpful but the search is horrible.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
have any other SH videos been posted recently? they are very helpful but the search is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few, but not many. I will be posting more soon, and regularly. I encourage others to do so as well. I will be posting soon about how and why to do this.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:34 AM

ok, thank you very much. even though i'm at a much lower level it's still nice to compare plays.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:39 AM

Nice video spicy.

A8s (first hand) - I'm not 3-betting this preflop. I'd rather call and checkraise a lot of flops. I think 3-betting this 3 ways will force you to have the best hand by showdown against loose players. It's close though.

Q9s in SB - Facing a raise from 29% pfr, I call this from the SB. I don't like 3-betting because the PFR could cap any hand and make it expensive. So, I just call this preflop and checkraise any favorable flop. It's an easier preflop call if the BB was horrible, which he wasn't. The BB was a TAG, so folding might be better.

K4o - I don't steal with this against a 60/29 player in the BB.

QTo - Enough has been said about this.

KQo - This would be a rare coldcall for me. I would fire again on the turn. You have represented a big hand preflop and the pot is offering 8:1. I think they fold enough here and it's doubtful you are getting checkraised with the board being so bland.

K9s - You raised from CO and got called by 56/29 guy. Flop comes AKx. I think this is a good spot to check the flop. Even he isn't calling the flop/turn with worse hands and he'll play back at you with a better one. Check and you might get more value from his bluff tendencies.

A4o - 56/29 guy raises from CO. Bad player CC in button. I call A4o in BB.

44 - Not crazy about raising this from CO with loose blinds.

A6o - I would call this 3-way from a button steal whose 11 pfr

J6s - I would check behind on this AKKQ turn

T9s - folding after limper from MP is no good. I raise if blinds are tight and limp if they aren't.

64o - I call in BB getting 9:1. I call any 2 cards that can make flushes or straights getting these kind of odds.

ATs - after UTG raise and CC I just call from BB.

77 - I don't raise pf from BB after everyone limps

J3o - I probably call this flopped full house and raise the turn.