Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Professional vs 2nd Income

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I understand that. Which is why I asked the question to begin with, jackass. If a "real" job and playing poker end up being much the same, then why would someone choose such a tough and unstable path?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because even when you hate both equally, they are not the same. I was self employed for 10 years before I made the choice to do this for a living.

After 10 years in the video industry I started to hate my job. After a year and a half of playing full time I hate poker.(maybe hate is to strong a word, but I no longer look forward to playing and I put it off when ever I can.) It is no longer fun for me.

But playing poker allows me to choose when and how much I want to play. I don't have to be at work for 9am because my store opens at 10am. I can pick and choose my hours.

I can spend more time with family and friends and my work schedule revolves around my social schedule, most people have it the other way around.

I don't have to be ordered around all day by some pencil pushing, pimply faced management jackass. I can do what I want when I want.