Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Yanks @ Angels ALDS***

[ QUOTE ]
the yankees arent favorites here with the way things have been going but theres no reason to get all pessimistic and mopey. thats the best way i can say it.

[/ QUOTE ]

right...i'm just stating that gordon chokes it up in the post season

i'm somewhat more optimistic than the oddsmen...mussina's been looking better with more rest...i think he'll be ready.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:22 PM

I think small or wang will be coming out of the bullpen tonight
Old 10-10-2005, 04:14 PM

wonder what dead would have to say about moose taking the mound tonight...i can't believe i still wonder about that mf'er...
Old 10-10-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wonder what dead would have to say about moose taking the mound tonight...i can't believe i still wonder about that mf'er...

[/ QUOTE ]

watching mussina pwn.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:26 PM

The fact that Torre went to Leiter for Erstad, and then directly to Rivera in the 8th last night might mean that we won't see either Gordon or Sturtze tonight. Sturtze has long since lost Torre's confidence (with good reason), and Gordon's disastrous outing in game 3 might have put him in the doghouse as well. With Johnson and Wang in the pen, they might be the first relievers. I think Wang's a good choice to start an inning, as he seems to be really sharp his first two-three innings. Whereas Johnson sometimes gets bombed from the get-go (as we saw the other night). I can see Gordon, perhaps, coming in mid-inning in a trouble spot as, on his good nights, he's capable of blowing people away. So I look at Gordon as a spot guy right now, with perhaps Wang or Johnson as a set-up guy. Don't know if Torre is looking at it this way though.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that Torre went to Leiter for Erstad, and then directly to Rivera in the 8th last night might mean that we won't see either Gordon or Sturtze tonight. Sturtze has long since lost Torre's confidence (with good reason), and Gordon's disastrous outing in game 3 might have put him in the doghouse as well. With Johnson and Wang in the pen, they might be the first relievers. I think Wang's a good choice to start an inning, as he seems to be really sharp his first two-three innings. Whereas Johnson sometimes gets bombed from the get-go (as we saw the other night). I can see Gordon, perhaps, coming in mid-inning in a trouble spot as, on his good nights, he's capable of blowing people away. So I look at Gordon as a spot guy right now, with perhaps Wang or Johnson as a set-up guy. Don't know if Torre is looking at it this way though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont think we will see Small tonight? I think if Mussina only gets thru 4 or 5 we might see Small.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:03 PM

This should be a good game tonight, with Bart Colon versus Mussina.

Mussina is a proven warrior but Bart can dominate if he's on. Of course Game 1 went to NYY but I think this will be a close one.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This should be a good game tonight, with Bart Colon versus Mussina.

Mussina is a proven warrior but Bart can dominate if he's on. Of course Game 1 went to NYY but I think this will be a close one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-10-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this all seems like good thinking to me, and i hope its what torre is thinking too. i dont trust gordon or sturtze in a game this big.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM

God do I hate Joe Buck.