Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Irritating ace rag situations

This is a situation which happens occasionally, and I am never sure what to do.

Say hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in SB. 2 Limpers, I complete, BB checks.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, 1 fold, raise...

What to do? Call, fold turn UI? Fold straight away? Call down?
Old 09-02-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Irritating ace rag situations

7 SB right now... I'm not liking our hand at all. There are 2 worse A's you beat, and how often is someone raising this flop with 7's? I say fold and wait for a better spot.

Oh, if the 2nd limper called the raise, I'd be more tempted to call myself since the pot would be 9 SB.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:52 AM

Alright, what if it was A8o?
Old 09-02-2005, 09:59 AM

Well since your the biggest Donkey Face I know I figured I'd come help you out...(haha just kiddin' man, come sweat me tonight if your not busy)

I hate this situation too as I always feel a little lost in the woods. In situation (1) I fold to a raise, our Ace is very vunerable as previously poster mentioned and I think our equity sucks.

Not much changes in hand #2, albeit that our kicker is stronger not much, if your oppenet is a manaic I might be more inclined to contiune.I'm a little weak tight as you know, so I'll be interested into what others have to say.

Good post.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:40 AM

Let it go
Old 09-02-2005, 10:44 AM

Standard fold against most players. He probably has you outkicked. There aren't many draws either. By the way, how early did the first limper limp? This is important as well.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:49 AM

So sometimes I am a little too aggressive postflop, but bet and fold to a raise immediately? I think SSHE mentions this a few times as something you don't really want to do since smarter players will start raising your flop bet more. But, you are the first to act postflop and bet, to some that means you could have hit any pair. I would raise with k7 after this. I'd 3bet this, folding to a cap (I know that I said I don't like to bet, then fold to a raise, but if people start capping my 3 bets, I'm not really thinking thats bad)...or to a turn bet UI. But again, I have a little aggression problem.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So sometimes I am a little too aggressive postflop, but bet and fold to a raise immediately? I think SSHE mentions this a few times as something you don't really want to do since smarter players will start raising your flop bet more. But, you are the first to act postflop and bet, to some that means you could have hit any pair. I would raise with k7 after this. I'd 3bet this, folding to a cap (I know that I said I don't like to bet, then fold to a raise, but if people start capping my 3 bets, I'm not really thinking thats bad)...or to a turn bet UI. But again, I have a little aggression problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yikes... 3-betting? Folding to a cap? Wow...

So you 3-bet and are called, do you bet all the way? And folding to a cap is horrible.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:03 AM

You're right, I thought about it and I always call the cap. Then I fold the turn UI to a bet. If he just calls the 3-bet, I'm checking and hoping for the free card (even though this isn't really the situation), read dependent. If he bets out again, I am definitely folding.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:03 AM

Does anyone else just routinely fold a-x off from the small blind, especially in small pots? I lost a lot of money in situations like this because I could never figure out how to play it, and it seems like a spot where you're either going to win a small pot, or just dump to better aces.