Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2004, 05:07 AM

Default Re: I will never play at Zerorake.com - Smart move

Good Job!

We don't want to see that no rake site gain any popularity. It just wouldnt be the same beating up on the fish if we werent paying three bucks a pot to do it.

And since Party has the best software, support and rewards programs in the industry it would be foolish to attract the fish to play at another site.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:20 AM

Default Re: I will never play at Zerorake.com - Smart move

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Good Job!

We don't want to see that no rake site gain any popularity. It just wouldnt be the same beating up on the fish if we werent paying three bucks a pot to do it.

And since Party has the best software, support and rewards programs in the industry it would be foolish to attract the fish to play at another site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not discussing wheither or not party is the best nor am I claiming it's a good thing to pay high rake. My point is I want to be able to play wherever I want without being bombarded with spam! There are other ways of making the fish go to a site with lower rake...
Old 08-10-2004, 07:06 AM

Default Re: I will never play at Zerorake.com

[ QUOTE ]
I was actually thinking of testing the site out until this moron starts spamming all of the tables at Party. That makes me sooo pissed off.

This is what he wrote:

Aces4Win: TIRED OF GETTING RIPPED OFF BY PAYING THE RAKE, 3 DOLLARS PER HAND? GREAT NEWS HAS ARRIVED!!! A NEW SITE HAS OPENED WHERE U CAN PLAY FOR FREE FOR REAL MONEY!! I DONT WORK FOR THEM JUST A PLAYER LIKE U AND WANT U ALL TO KNOW - THE NAME OF THE SITE IS zerorake.com!!! PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!! ALL THEY NEED NOW IS PLAYERS. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT. BYE MIKE

Is there a way to get these morons who spam the chat banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

So if i came to your table and said pokerstars was the greatest site ever you would never play there because of me?

Its funny though part of the reason these people are such harcore zerorake supporters is because they probably missed out on a rake rebate from party, and you happen to be getting that rebate lets hope they dont report you as easily as you reported them or your rake sharing affiliate just might be banned, possibly turning you into a zerorake supporter.

For the record Im not a huge zerorake supporter, but Im not going to get mad when someone spams for a site that could save me thousands of dollars if successful.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:52 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
So if i came to your table and said pokerstars was the greatest site ever you would never play there because of me?

Its funny though part of the reason these people are such harcore zerorake supporters is because they probably missed out on a rake rebate from party, and you happen to be getting that rebate lets hope they dont report you as easily as you reported them or your rake sharing affiliate just might be banned, possibly turning you into a zerorake supporter.

For the record Im not a huge zerorake supporter, but Im not going to get mad when someone spams for a site that could save me thousands of dollars if successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems to be a lot of misenterpretations here. At the occation I was playing 4 tables and this guy comes to every friggin table writing this. Hence it is not just one table. Let me clarify again: I am not discussing the contents of the spam, I am trying to express my opinion on spam in the chat at party. I now realize i chose the wrong subject of this thread and i apologize for that.I feel this type of behaviour is inacceptable! So what can I then do in order to express my opinions in this case?

1. Nothing and accept the fact that morons will always pollute the environment with spam.

2. Try to counterfeit their actions and report them plus try to give them a bad reputation.

3. Turn chat off and miss other players chat wich may give some tells.

I chose number two as this made me fed up, this was the 3rd spammer during my 1 hour session.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:10 AM

I don't get a rake rebate from anywhere because I play within the rules, I have advised most people to take rebates and some not to, depending on their own criteria.

However any site that needs to stoop so low as to spam message boards to the extent that they did, and then spam a competitor is clearly just not going to have the funding required to maintain a decent site.

There are levels of risk, I can't and won't say that zero rake is 100% doomed to failure, because that would be unfair.

What I can say is that based on past experience of new sites, the more desperate their spam, the more likely they have been to pull a fast one on their customers.

For previous instances of obvious sites to avoid see NightorDay and Choice.
Both had a policy of apparently good bonus/lure, both ripped off their customers (unless something changed whilst I was away) and both spammed these boards heavily.

I can't see anything wrong with downloading the software, but I wouldn't recommend anyone deposit at a site that uses such desperate measures.

Remember there is no rake, so the affiliates are likely on very little, leaving the only option that it is most likely the owners that are spamming everywhere.

Lori
Old 08-10-2004, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There seems to be a lot of misenterpretations here. At the occation I was playing 4 tables and this guy comes to every friggin table writing this. Hence it is not just one table. Let me clarify again: I am not discussing the contents of the spam, I am trying to express my opinion on spam in the chat at party. I now realize i chose the wrong subject of this thread and i apologize for that.I feel this type of behaviour is inacceptable! So what can I then do in order to express my opinions in this case?

1. Nothing and accept the fact that morons will always pollute the environment with spam.

2. Try to counterfeit their actions and report them plus try to give them a bad reputation.

3. Turn chat off and miss other players chat wich may give some tells.

I chose number two as this made me fed up, this was the 3rd spammer during my 1 hour session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok fair enough, but you should have definately not named your post "I will never play at Zerorake.com"
and started it with.
[ QUOTE ]
I was actually thinking of testing the site out until this moron starts spamming all of the tables at Party. That makes me sooo pissed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where youre coming from though you were pissed at the spammer, but it wasnt enough so you got pissed at the site he was spamming for, but that wasnt enough so you posted it here still not enough so you reported him. Thats fine, but i hope hes not the reason youre not going to give zr a try. There are many reason why you shouldnt play at zero rake, but this one is just silly.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:03 AM

I agree with you completely if these spammers work for zerorake. I dont think they do 50% of the spammers are players who just figured out what they are paying in rake and 50% are trolls looking for attention. If you look over at the books/software forum the exact same thing is going on every second post is some newbie praising SSH but no one is accusing ED of hiring these people to promote his book. Which actual seems more likely considering that book was terrible.

only kidding ed it was above average.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However any site that needs to stoop so low as to spam message boards to the extent that they did, and then spam a competitor is clearly just not going to have the funding required to maintain a decent site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lori, zerorake is NOT responsible for this spam. Like I said, I know the people involved and they are just excited players.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see anything wrong with downloading the software, but I wouldn't recommend anyone deposit at a site that uses such desperate measures.

Remember there is no rake, so the affiliates are likely on very little, leaving the only option that it is most likely the owners that are spamming everywhere.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I've pretty much decided to quite posting on zerorake stuff, because I'm tired of all the "anti zerorake" retards, who are every bit as annoying as the "omg! zerorake is the best site ever!" retards. But since you've ben gone for a while I figured I'd chime in.

There are lots of equally viable scenerios as to what causes the spam, so to say that it most likely is the people actually involved with the site is a bit unfair.

As for the site itself, I have no idea if it will succeed or not. I think it all depends on how much financial backing they have. But all I can say for certain is that so far I have experienced no problems or had any shady happenings. I've made prolly about 6 cash outs, and they have all been in my neteller acount in under 8 hours. I've played several thousands of hands and while there is no downloadable hand histories, I havent seen anything odd. In my opinion the site is no more likely to rip me off than any other site that starts up. Just use some common sense if you are going to play there, keep your account balance small if its a concern to you and be aware that the possibility does exist that they could be "out to get you". But to simply asume that they are more likely to do so because they are using a different buisness model really is unfair. They could be just as honorable (or just as crooked) as anyone else, the fact they have the potential to make less profit than party or any other rake site, doesnt make them criminals.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you look over at the books/software forum the exact same thing is going on every second post is some newbie praising SSH but no one is accusing ED of hiring these people to promote his book.

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant example
Old 08-10-2004, 11:12 AM

The irritable bowel syndrome that we went through was 2 fold. 1st spammers bad mouthed Party and pumped up Zero then innocent posters asking about the site were hammered as spammers.

But then it really got crazy....

Simon accused me of chasing away veteran posters such as MS Sunshine. Dilbert tried to steal some of my sheep. Breakeven gave away that he was Dilbert and that both are made of stardust.

They let Steven Punk back to posting and Christina B offered an open wager to all 2+2ers that Punk would not last 200 posts. Pittm scared Granny to RGP. Big Mo married John Shaft.

We missed you Lori.