Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2004, 10:18 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Re: ZeroRake exposed. And that\'s all I have to say about it.

[ QUOTE ]
this lovely Friday evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it Friday in the Emerald Isle?

Its Saturday (or Sunday) in the rest of the world.

Do they really only have 4 people playing on a Saturday?
Old 07-17-2004, 10:19 PM

Not sure your investigative journalism has a point? Sure they are props. Every small site uses props intially. Even Party had them in the beginning. Supposedly Party still has them(I don't know why)......
Old 07-17-2004, 10:32 PM

Oh so u were Zenkow on Zero Rake.
First I thought it was "JustThefacts"
You asked me if I was a prop, I say no, what more could I say
You didnt even introduce you ? why ?
Old 07-17-2004, 10:34 PM

Default Re: ZeroRake exposed?

[ QUOTE ]

as i watched the game (not sitting in) i earned $7.50 on the rake-o-meter - i suppose this is a marketing strategy, but it makes me wonder how accurate the rake-o-meter is - my friend fatcat told me earlier that he had earned over $150 on the rake-o-meter although he had lost as much in real money - that also seemed weird for a guy that played so few hands but always with good cards when he did play - it did not compute

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake o meter is definately skewed by the way they take rake. If it wasn't rake free they would be far and away the highest rake on the internet. But that really doesn't matter, more than anything it just makes the fish wake up and realize how much they piss away.

As for fatcat *shrug*, your judging his play based on way to small a sample size, who knows, maybe he pissed away the $150 at guts poker (which isnt hard to do). I'm still way up at the site, so I'm still very doubtful "they" are chaating. Thanks to your earlier post I have been ALOT more vigilant, checking hand histories all the time. I've eamailed them about how stupid it is to show the downcards (no responce) but it makes it obvious if anything is going on. I havent seen anything yet, except some folds I made that I really wish I hadn't, heh.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:34 PM

Not sure your investigative journalism has a point?

In retrospect, as the hours go by, I realise you are correct, of course.

As there are only four players or so at the site at this stage in its life, I'm wasting my time, I agree.

I was a little peeved earlier at losing my chat, and because I don't get replies to my e-mails, and because the fox ate my cat a few weeks ago, I had no other way to vent my spleen.

Forget about it. My bad. Play there to your heart's content, and good luck to you.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:47 PM

I'm MartyZero. And you're a complete tool.

You claimed everyone but you was a prop (four out of five at the table), you claimed one of the players knocked you offline (saying you hadn't been knocked off since yahoo) and you intimated that we could see your hole cards because we all folded when you raised preflop w/ AA.

You also said I wasn't playing competetively because I went for the check-raise on the river with my boat but was checked behind and didn't get to bet. You then berated me for playing 42suited for 15 minutes, despite the fact that I was the BB.

When I said "we" at the table, it wasn't "me and ZeroRake", it was "we" as in "all of us at this table that you are calling cheats and liars". You were extremely poorly behaved at the table, and caused two of us to leave. I assumed you were just another tin-foil hat "I'm only losing because the deal isn't fair and everyone's cheating me" kind of guy, and am disappointed to find out it's someone I've admired at twoplustwo.

I don't have any association with ZeroRake or any other site, I just play poker and try to have a good time. I understand that many of you have it in for ZeroRake because of the behavior of a couple of posters, but I don't see any reason to accuse the players of being cheats and liars.

I'm going to keep giving ZeroRake a chance because I believe in the concept. I also tried to make a go of it with Choice because of their rake rebate. I'm willing to spend some time and miss out on some of my normal supplemental income for the chance that poker will become cheaper and more profitable in the long run for me.

That said, I play most frequently on Party and Party Skins and have been extremely happy with them. I've referred several friends there and to none of the smaller rooms, because I think you have to have a certain comfort level with your game and your bankroll before you start taking chances on a room with few games and a solid chance of stealing your money.

You didn't prove anything tonight, but you did accuse one honest player and fellow twoplustwo member of being a cheat and a liar, and I hope if we ever end up at a tournament together you have the class to apologize over a pint.

Martin
Old 07-17-2004, 11:34 PM

he was zenkow? thought he was a shill for a sec. He rivered me than cracked my k's with J5 Added to the fact i went 0-4 on my draws, QQ's cracked and finished the day losing AQs vs A5 and all this in under 30 min. It wasnt a fun outing didnt get that rigged or cheated feeling though just bad luck
Old 07-18-2004, 12:59 AM

Tell this Mike Haven guy to play with Segor. I would pay extra to watch that dog and pony show!!
Old 07-18-2004, 02:24 AM

Hey Mike, although this post is priceless, I actually enjoyed the ones linking zerorake with the Koreans, Pro Poker and Dutch Boyd a little more. Now if you can tie in Bin Laden and Al Quida, I think you will take the trifecta of absurdity!

Thanks for the laughs once again Mike. I know you are just having some fun with this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2004, 02:34 AM

Default Re: ZeroRake exposed?

[ QUOTE ]
as i watched the game (not sitting in) i earned $7.50 on the rake-o-meter - i suppose this is a marketing strategy, but it makes me wonder how accurate the rake-o-meter is -

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, maybe you haven't played there enough to understand the basics yet. I figured it out pretty quickly, but others it takes a little longer. When you are not sitting at a table, the rake meter shows the total rakes saved at that table while you have been watching. So are you with me so far Mike?

Secondly, when you SIT at a table to play, you see the my rake meter displayed with a running total of what you saved in rake for the month. As you win each new pot, the rake from that pot is added into your personal rake meter.

So is that clear Mike? When you are not playing but watching, you see the whole tables total rake being added since you started watching it. When you sit, you see your own personal rake meter. But only when you are sitting at the table.

So whats your drink of the day Mike?