Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2003, 03:15 PM

Default Re: vegas trip report

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad I'm not so easy to read at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I think it might be more +EV for me to have you deal me craps as opposed to sit across from you in a PL/NL game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2003, 03:26 PM

Default Re: TELL me about it!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey now, Pai Gow is where I belong...

Carribean, how insulting. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In honor of this thread, Leon, I will place a $100 bet on the Lucky Ladies side-bet this weekend while playing blackjack. I once put $50 on the Lucky Ladies and hit the 19-1 matched 20. That was cool.

But the best Lucky Ladies performance ever was by this young kid at a table I was playing. He was on a hot streak and had gone from $25/hand to $100/hand. He doesn't have a ton of money, though. He then decides to put $100 on the side-bet. It's sad to see him waste his money like that. He loses one or two, then hits the matched 20 - $1900. Wow. But he doesn't stop. He puts $100 out again. And two or three hands later he hits QhQh for the 125:1 payout. $12.5k. No big surprise - talking to dealers the next night, later that night the kid apparently upped his betting to $1000/hand and pretty quickly lost the $16k or so he had.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:51 PM

Default Re: wow indeed! time to ditch the girlfriend?

The ice is getting way too thin out on this part of the thread. I refuse to answer on the grounds that any answer I give will be the wrong one.

And I wouldn't expect anything less of the Babe to try to maintain advantage over any potential opponents.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Leon
Old 12-03-2003, 03:55 PM

Default Re: TELL me about it!

Tremendous. I've had a lot of fun both writing and reading the various responses. Good luck with the side bet, you can always make it back at the poker tables (my excuse for any neg ex bet).

Leon