Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Zwieg vs. I_Knockout_U Round 2

As usual, I'm pretty sure strassa is on the money here.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:53 AM

Prahlad's games are not running all the time, and the skill level of his opponents has tons of parity. His skill level also varies. The amounts he tilts probably depends on tons of factors. His standard deviation on his rate of return is probably astrinomical compared to any NL player that reads this forum.

He also probably plays tournaments and good luck estimating his ROI in one of those.

The bottom line is you can probably make very broad, conservative estimates about what type of dollar he is pulling in, but it's nothing you'll come up with on a spreadsheet.

-Jason
Old 11-22-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me tell you something kid. Everything you see and read is a lie. All of it. The evening news, morning paper, magazines, the government. Its all lies. But one thing is true, the word on the street. That you can count on.

Diablo has Ray Zee on his speed dial. End of Thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-22-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prahlad's games are not running all the time, and the skill level of his opponents has tons of parity. His skill level also varies. The amounts he tilts probably depends on tons of factors. His standard deviation on his rate of return is probably astrinomical compared to any NL player that reads this forum.

He also probably plays tournaments and good luck estimating his ROI in one of those.

The bottom line is you can probably make very broad, conservative estimates about what type of dollar he is pulling in, but it's nothing you'll come up with on a spreadsheet.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost me when you said that the skill level of his opponents has tons of parity. I will readily admit that I have played nowhere near this high and only railbird the games.

However, to suggest that Prahlad has had anything less than a very sizeable edge on his opponents in the 25/50 game for the past 3 years seems inaccurate.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:28 PM

btw, dont they pay like 50% taxes in cali?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:32 PM

I would consider myself a very successful NL cash game player for the past 2 years and now I multitable the 10/20 NL on PP.

What Prahlad has done is truly astonishing and I certainly revere him. He is the only player I will say that about.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would consider myself a very successful NL cash game player for the past 2 years and now I multitable the 10/20 NL on PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neat.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neat.

[/ QUOTE ]

just in case you didnt catch it the first 20 times he said it
Old 11-22-2005, 12:53 PM

You guys are so cool. Can you teach me how to make great posts?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely no way he puts in anywhere close to that amount of hours. He'll have rediculously long stretches but he definitely isn't playing 6000 hours of poker a year, you can count on that.

If someone held a gun to my head I'd guess he has about a 6-8M roll. I bet in the last 3 years he's bringing home on average 1-1.5M/year playing online poker.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]I think you are GREATLY underestimating mr. prahlad. There used to be a site that tracked 98% of hands played at UB's high stakes tables. I remember looking up the hall of fame and seeing prahlad pulling $150k+/mo= $1.8M/yr, I can't remember if he was playing under two screennames at this time or not but that's still a lot. Furthermore, I'm sure he's been playing multiple sites too, he plays some at prima, pokerstars, full tilt, maybe elsewhere? I'd estimate it closer to $2.5M or $3M/yr. If you guys really think he's only pulling $1M per year then you guys suck. Earning $1M/yr at 10/20 NL doesn't even seem that hard if you put in enough hours, let alone 50/100, 100/200 and 200/400.