Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 09:11 AM

Default QTo, trips

Seems like the first few orbits of play cause the most trouble. CO is 58/20, 2/3/1.2. That's all I have.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $7.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.80 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.40 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero ???
Old 02-24-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: QTo, trips

I would call down. But I am the worlds worst folder.

But with three players liking this flop there’s a pretty good chance your on a 3-outer. Can anyone actually fold these? At 5/10 6-max?

My best hope is that BB is a maniac with 43s, and autobet the turn without looking at it, or someone is totally overplaying a draw.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:13 AM

you really can't fold trips with a good kicker in these 5/10 SH games, you just can't.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:16 AM

no way i fold this... i also go to showdown 39% of the time though.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:32 AM

Wow...what in god's name did UTG have? JT?

I would call here. You are probably beat, since I doubt BB calls pre-flop with T4, T3, 43...maybe youget lucky and he had a high PP...anyway...big pot and there are still a ton of ways you can win.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:49 AM

I agree. I also agree that I like your avatar. That's why I had it like 6 months ago [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2005, 11:19 AM

pre-Flop : raising and calling are close. I would lean towards calling since it looks like three opponents (minimum 2) will see the Flop.

Flop : ok

Turn : I'd raise. You could easily be up against a worse T and a drawing hand. You gotta make the drawing hands pay, and I like your Q kicker given the size of the pot. Sure, you could be up against a full house or AT/KT, but there are two other players in there that could be free money or drawing, and you could just as easily be ahead.

Of course, having a read on the aggro level of both of these players would be very useful in your decision.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. I also agree that I like your avatar. That's why I had it like 6 months ago [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I save all your avatars and recycle them, that's ok right?

I 3-bet the turn, they called, river paired the board and I was saved from KT.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lies!