Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Very basic question...

I'm a new enough player to not yet own PT, but Absolute Poker on which I currently play provides me with a few stats. After about 1000 hands at .50/1 (I'm trying to clear enough hands to get PT for free), "my flops seen %" is 19-20%. Does that seem too loose for this limit level, or am I alright here? Obviously it depends on WHAT hands are contained in that 19-20% of hands played, but as an overall %, ignoring all other variables, does that seem reasonable?

- thing85 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Very basic question...

It's a lot better than what most people play (your VPIP). Absolute's is a tighter site than most, but still very beatable. Get pokertracker as soon as possible, and download pokerace hud (use search function) if you ever play at stars/crypto/party.

EDIT: Bonuswhores says that absolute's stats feature sometimes screws up, so don't put too much trust into it.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute's is a tighter site than most, but still very beatable.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've noticed that a lot. I've played on Party, Stars, and the Prima network, and this has been the tightest by far. It's actually quite bothersome because I'm hovering around the breakeven point after 1000+ hands (I know this isn't a very large sample size, but annoying nonetheless).

I shouldn't even be playing at .5/1 yet in my opinion, but it's the limit I need to play for now to clear this bonus + get PT for free. .25/.50 is my place of profit until my BR is up and until I've had some experience with PT.

- thing85 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 02:33 AM

Thats pretty good if you play well after the flop. Me, I'm trying to get mine up to 20, and I've noticed I can really crash and burn very easily on the marginal hands when you make mistakes.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:44 AM

Welcome to the forum.

That probably translates to ~15-16% VPIP. The short answer is that you shouldn't worry too much about it. You'll probably loosen up some as you go along, and in the meantime you're likely in an unterrible neighbourhood. Look for a decent pf chart (there's one linked in the FAQ). Read a book or two. Join the conversation here. Your pf play will naturally improve over time if you put in the effort to learn.

By the by, you can try PT for 1000 hands for free. I'd also suggest saving your hand histories to give yourself the option of importing them at a later date.