Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 07:21 PM

Default HU vs 2+2er

Villain here is Surfdoc, who around 24/17/2.8 or so. We have a history, and know each others style pretty well.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Spicymoose is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Spicymoose 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Spicymoose bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Spicymoose checks.

River: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Spicymoose bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Spicymoose calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

His hand below:
<font color="white"> Surdoc has A7o </font>

How is my play, how is his?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: HU vs 2+2er

Well I don't really know either of your playing styles, and I don't know how often you guys try to make 'plays' on each other or your PF standards, but here is my thoughts.

Your play

Turn: I think the turn is a clear bet. Your chance of having the best hand is very good at this point. He could have easily been peeling the flop with two overs or a worse A, so I think you have some folding equity here and you could have him dominated. It sucks to get C/R'ed, but I think the semi-bluff is +EV.

River: He knows that you are never going to fold this river, and that is why you have to fold it. Again, this is coming from me not knowing anything about you guys. If he is capable of bluff C/R'ing the river, then call, but otherwise you are never good.

His play:

Preflop: I cap it

Flop: I usually C/R here and lead the turn, but I guess it's OK to mix it up from time to time. I assume he was going to a turn C/R.

Turn: Donking it might be an interesting move, especially as he has no guarantees you will be after his suspicious flop C/C.

River: Bet and hope to be able to 3-bet - god it would suck to have this checked behind with KQ or 44 or some other no pair hand.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:39 PM

Bet the turn? Your PF 3-bet scared him into check/calls. You've got good fold equity for a bluff, and more than enough outs to make it a solid semi-bluff.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:59 PM

i don't like his river c/r because of the things that happen when you have 44/66, AT/AJ/AQ, and K high.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

His play:

Preflop: I cap it

Flop: I usually C/R here and lead the turn, but I guess it's OK to mix it up from time to time. I assume he was going to a turn C/R.

Turn: Donking it might be an interesting move, especially as he has no guarantees you will be after his suspicious flop C/C.

River: Bet and hope to be able to 3-bet - god it would suck to have this checked behind with KQ or 44 or some other no pair hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: cap A7o vs a tough player OOP? Maybe, but I don't think that is standard.

Flop: I often CR the flop here but I was hoping to CR the turn. Spicymoose and I play pretty aggressive vs each other so I was also considering just calling down or donking the river because he will often continue to spill chips if you let him. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

River: I was pretty certain after his turn check that he had an Ace and that I had him reverse dominated. Even if he has a hand like KQ like you say then my check is better because he won't call the river bet very often if ever. Also, he will often bet because he will fear that my weak ace will win the pot and the only way he wins is by betting.

I really don't know if he raises my river bet or not, but if he does, I really doubt he calls my river 3 bet.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:04 PM

bet the turn. You are toast on the river. It's up to you whether you can let the hand go.

Krishan
Old 12-10-2005, 08:04 PM

Ohhhhhh my bad. I thought this was an actual HU match, I didn't notice it was 5 handed. This will probably change my response significantly. I was kind of wondering why two solid players would play 5/10 HU.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:10 PM

if i was him i'd of bet the flop then called down your raise.
You played it fine IMO.

I had him on A7o.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always bet this turn, but this time I didn't My reasoning at the time was that I felt that considering action on prior streets, I was certainly walking into a check raise. I doubt there are many hands he will call me all the way down with, and given that he didn't check raise the flop, I figured he was either folding to my turn bet, or check raising me. I also thought it could induce a river bluff from him if he was behind. I figure that giving him a free card isn't so bad.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always bet this turn, but this time I didn't My reasoning at the time was that I felt that considering action on prior streets, I was certainly walking into a check raise. I doubt there are many hands he will call me all the way down with, and given that he didn't check raise the flop, I figured he was either folding to my turn bet, or check raising me. I also thought it could induce a river bluff from him if he was behind. I figure that giving him a free card isn't so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree that you are walking into a checkraise. nh.