Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Played a draw like a draw, went for a river overcall, I changed plans?

At a table that is buck wild preflop. The other 3 guys are playing 41/35, 50/22, 75/38, and I was playing 36/25. Maybe about 6 orbits of stats here. Postflop they seemed more reasonable with agression, but still loose. Not sure if the read really matters so much, but it is what it is.

Is the change in plan on the river reasonable or stupid? Was it botched from start to finish?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

River: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, ......

Old 10-21-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Played a draw like a draw, went for a river overcall, I changed pl

I'd probably raise the first time around. There's no guarantee that the other guys have any interest in this board at all, and I want at least an extra BB from SB.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:12 PM

did you think utg would raise or are you wanting to see the showdown for one bet? i dotn get it. with 4 super aggros in the hand im just raising sb right away. i suppose at 10/20 you aren't hoping to get threebet.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:32 PM

raise the river. as wook says theres no reason to assume the other 2 players have any pair at this point.